Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    I believe most people would agree that this year's SR2 Playoff Selection Committee fully dropped the ball on selecting the best and most deserving teams. Again, when picking the most deserving teams, you reward the best in the region, without any other possible agenda. I hope things are done much better and more fairly next year.
    Well said!

Comment

I believe most people would agree that this year's SR2 Playoff Selection Committee fully dropped the ball on selecting the best and most deserving teams. Again, when picking the most deserving teams, you reward the best in the region, without any other possible agenda. I hope things are done much better and more fairly next year.
      The teams that were selected made sense according to the rules and criteria. If the teams being selected don't reflect reality, change the rules to better reflect reality or eliminate the criteria altogether and allow people to select who they think are the seven best teams.

Comment

What happens if the best teams aren't the most deserving?

Comment

As sad as it is to get left out when you feel more deserving than others, there has to be some sort of criteria. Otherwise it’s all subjective, or opinions. We all know opinions are like a certain body part that everyone has. Unfortunately, no matter what criteria they come up with the teams that barley get in will feel deserving and so will the teams that barely get left out. It doesn’t matter if it’s four teams or any number up to one less than the max.

Comment

In being a part of a Division 2 regional playoff selection committee, most people would believe their goal would be to select the very best and most deserving teams in the region, with the only consideration being for conference champions (even if they're not a part of the very best teams) to be included.

If you have just an average level of knowledge about the overall multi levels of football being played within the region, I believe it wouldn't be that hard to figure which conferences / teams are strongest, and which teams would represent the region best in moving forward in the playoffs. Thus, most deserving. Honestly most SR2 fans know that this is not rocket science, and potential agendas other than selecting the very best and most deserving teams should be completely off the table during making selections.

Imagine the FBS selection committee actually selecting the Sun Belt's second place team with 2 losses, University Of South Alabama over the SEC's 2 loss teams, Alabama or Tennessee, or even other 2 loss FBS teams such as USC or Clemson?

Now I really like Fayetteville State University, which I've had family and friends not only attend, but also play for the Broncos, but to believe that FSU, a 2 loss CIAA team, was more deserving than a 2 loss GSC West Georgia team, to me, clearly shows that selections were not based on the best and most deserving. Just look at what happened when FSU played Delta State and loss 51-0 (and it could have been even worse), and to realize that the unselected team West Georgia defeated that same Delta State team (which defeated West Florida) just doesn't make much sense.

While they had a great season and should be commended, the same absolutely applies to a 2 loss Limestone College SAC team being selected over a much stronger 2 loss West Georgia GSC team (even though Wingate didn't do any better against a much stronger WF team). Hopefully next season teams selected will be based on merit, strength, and capabilities of representing the SR2 moving forward into the playoffs.

Comment

Imagine the FBS selection committee actually selecting the Sun Belt's second place team with 2 losses, University Of South Alabama over the SEC's 2 loss teams, Alabama or Tennessee, or even other 2 loss FBS teams such as USC or Clemson?
              What if there was an official SOS metric that showed South Alabama had played a stronger schedule than Alabama, and that SOS metric was one of the most important selection criteria?

Comment

Please review Alabama and Tennessee's schedule as compared to South Alabama's and please tell the world how that metric is in anyway comparable. If you believe it is, well the whole selection process lacks simple common sense, comparable football knowledge, and is severely flawed. Bottom line is that what I do know is that what played out proved that one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the region was forced to stay home, be it flawed metrics, an agenda, or some other sad reason.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X