Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its also believed that eagle is a double poster also known as super fan. I think the SAC has made some wrong moves recently in regards to two different divisions and adding some schools that are not competitive at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
      Its also believed that eagle is a double poster also known as super fan. I think the SAC has made some wrong moves recently in regards to two different divisions and adding some schools that are not competitive at this time.
      Brandon should check into this. There's no reason for a poster to come on here and fake being a supporter of a program only to post BS constantly. An absolute troll.

How long have the divisions been happening in the SAC? That was new to me when I realized it this season.

Moves like what you're describing start to make schools look around for options. Maybe some of the better SAC schools would look at moving to the GSC.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        How long have the divisions been happening in the SAC? That was new to me when I realized it this season.
        This was the first year, with Barton and Erskine joining as affiliates and Emory & Henry moving up from D3. Barton and Erskine only signed on for two years, though, and after next season Anderson (SC) begins play; common speculation has been that the SAC will keep Erskine and lose Barton, but Chowan's sudden lack of a conference makes things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Side note, his icon is an eagle. But he's not an eagles fan or supporter.
          LOL, canadarian my support of Carson Newman goes back to the true days of glory for the football program, beginning in the latter days of Coach Sparks legacy as possibly the best head coach ever to lead a Division 2 program. Back in the days when CN was respected as a premier D2 football team, the stands were full (even when Tennessee had their home games), and other D2 football programs wouldn't even consider scheduling the Eagles as their football opponent. It appears as though your beef with me is that I'm not a no matter what rah rah fan wearing rose colored glasses, to which I'm fine with.

You see, based on your past post and from what I've seen over time is that while I actually played football and helped in the recruiting of new players, from what I gathered over time is that you did in fact attend a lot of the CN games and took the field at halftime as a member of the Eagles marching Band. Don't get me wrong, no criticism her, because I always appreciated the support the marching band gave the team.

The Eagles marching band also did a great job of entertaining the fans, and it takes talent for sure. I guess at this point, my only question for you is, as a Eagles Marching Band flute player, were you 1st chair? A yes or no answer will suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Brandon should check into this. There's no reason for a poster to come on here and fake being a supporter of a program only to post BS constantly. An absolute troll.
            I agree 100%. Also, making completely false accusations about who a poster is should not be tolerated, and should be grounds for banishment from the D2 website.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

LOL, canadarian my support of Carson Newman goes back to the true days of glory for the football program, beginning in the latter days of Coach Sparks legacy as possibly the best head coach ever to lead a Division 2 program. Back in the days when CN was respected as a premier D2 football team, the stands were full (even when Tennessee had their home games), and other D2 football programs wouldn't even consider scheduling the Eagles as their football opponent. It appears as though your beef with me is that I'm not a no matter what rah rah fan wearing rose colored glasses, to which I'm fine with.

You see, based on your past post and from what I've seen over time is that while I actually played football and helped in the recruiting of new players, from what I gathered over time is that you did in fact attend a lot of the CN games and took the field at halftime as a member of the Eagles marching Band. Don't get me wrong, no criticism her, because I always appreciated the support the marching band gave the team.

The Eagles marching band also did a great job of entertaining the fans, and it takes talent for sure. I guess at this point, my only question for you is, as a Eagles Marching Band flute player, were you 1st chair? A yes or no answer will suffice.
              I played ball but not band. But you tried. A for effort. F for results. Your usual. I was in band in middle school though because we had to choose that or choir. And I can't sing to save my life.

I don't have beef with you though. Not worth my time.
              Last edited by canadarican; 01-03-2023, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I played but not band. But you tried. A for effort. F for results. Your usual.

I don't have beef with you though. Not worth my time
                My mistake, now I'm not sure what you played.

Great, now quit trolling my post with unproven statements

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

This was the first year, with Barton and Erskine joining as affiliates and Emory & Henry moving up from D3. Barton and Erskine only signed on for two years, though, and after next season Anderson (SC) begins play; common speculation has been that the SAC will keep Erskine and lose Barton, but Chowan's sudden lack of a conference makes things interesting.
                  Chowan as a football only member could happen, but that would probably mean Barton was kept. SAC would then have 14 and could do away almost completely with OOC games.

Comment

My mistake, now I'm not sure what you played.

Great, now quit trolling my post with unproven statements
                    My unproven statement was that I've not seen anything that shows you actually support the Eagles. That's all. You don't have to be rah rah. But the standard you've set on past post is inconsistent. That's what my point was. But you and I have had discussions on that.

I never said you were a double poster or anything. thats everybody else that thinks that. I dont rhink youd put in the effort to do it. Sounds time consuming

Comment

Back to the OP, I agree with what was mentioned about inherent risk. I've also never known anyone I ever played with who was worried about it. It's also the primary way schools pay for athletic improvements and new facilities. You can't rely on boosters.

Comment

Hope you're not trying to put down band members. I may not have played football but, as a fan and former sportswriter, I know more about the history, rules, and data of the sport than droves of folks who actually played. I was a sportswriter before I joined the UNA band back in the day and continued to be one off-and-on until I wrapped up my five seasons of covering the GSC here on the site in 2018.

Now, as a professional vocal coach, I can still talk circles around most of the egos that think they may know more about the sport based on my musical focus.

Sorry, a pet peeve, don't put don't folks because they didn't play. There are several college football coaches right now that didn't play a down of college football.
                        Last edited by UNALions; 01-03-2023, 04:03 PM.
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Not trying to put any band members down at all. They have my full admiration, as I know for a fact that it takes both talent and a lot of practice.

I also know that I would not be able to give any advice about running a band, performing for a band, recruiting band members, etc. I guess there's D2 Band sites for those discussions.
                          ​​

Comment

Not trying to put any band members down at all. They have my full admiration, as I know for a fact that it takes both talent and a lot of practice.

I also know that I would not be able to give any advice about running a band, performing for a band, recruiting band members, etc. I guess there's D2 Band sites for those discussions.
                            ​​
                            That's understandable but doesn't make the inverse true regarding fans of football who've never played.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

UNALions, Just curious, does the ASUN-WAC conferences have a football forum site?
                              Last edited by Eagle74; 01-03-2023, 06:15 PM.

Comment

UNALions, Just curious, does the ASUN-WAC conferences have a football forum site?
                                Just the different conference sections of CSNbbs.

ASUN: https://csnbbs.com/forum-322.html

WAC: https://csnbbs.com/forum-376.html
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X