Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Football ADs pimping out their teams for paychecks

I would like to see new rules put into place with the NCAA which states that if any division 2 football program which schedules (sacrifices) their student athletes against a higher division team for a paycheck, as opposed to scheduling any available d2 teams, gives up the right to participate in any division 2 football playoff game.

Sad to see ADs avoid playing other D2 in region teams with games needed in their schedule to play 'paycheck' games in which their team is embarrassingly totally dominated by a higher division and much more talented higher division program. Again, not good at all for the prestige of Division 2 football, and it wouldn't surprise me to see potential lawsuits against teams willing to sacrifice the health of their student athletes for pay.

Who is doing this?

Comment

Both Limestone and Mars Hill played higher division 'money' games, (and lost badly) while some in-region GSC teams were having to play teams twice, just to fill their schedules.

Comment

Neither is gonna happen. So it's a rather pointless discussion. Just like it would never happen with fcs schools

Comment

If you know college football trends, you would know that the overall talent split between the FCS and FBS has grown closer and closer in recent years, especially with more FCS teams maxing out on their scholarship options. This will continue even more with the portal opportunities growing with crossover from FCS to FBS.

Unfortunately the same can't be said with D2 and FCS as the talent level split grows, with only a very few exceptions. The split is even greater when you have some D2 football conferences with no scholarship minimums in place.

My hope (and others) is that D2 ADs and Football coaches will see that they are now doing the D2 brand of football a total disservice of serving their student athletes up as red meat (for a paycheck) to bigger stronger faster and much more talented higher division teams.

If I were a D2 coach recruiting against a school which plays higher division teams for paychecks, I would let the players and their parents know which programs are willing to pimp their players out for money (which the players never see).

Comment

LR pimped out their basketball team to Tennessee for fifty thousand and Louisville this year for money and LR beat Louisville.

Comment

Paychecks pay the bills.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                Paychecks pay the bills.
                Doesn't really look as though those 'paycheck' football games played against teams like the beatdown Memphis gave your team 59-0 are really doing your 1-10 team a lot of good, with UNA's lone win this season coming against Division 2 (2-9) UVA Wise. How many of the Lions were carted off of the field against Memphis this year, and how much did each player receive to be totally itch slapped for that paycheck?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Doesn't really look as though those 'paycheck' football games played against teams like the beatdown Memphis gave your team 59-0 are really doing your 1-10 team a lot of good, with UNA's lone win this season coming against Division 2 (2-9) UVA Wise. How many of the Lions were carted off of the field against Memphis this year, and how much did each player receive to be totally itch slapped for that paycheck?
                  BOOM

Comment

I gotta be honest, I have never met a player that had an issue with the opportunity to play against a higher level of competition. Getting beat is something all athletes deal with, but with every opportunity against "better competition" is an opportunity to rise to the challenge and play up to that competition. Losses and blowouts happen. There are blowouts every week at every level (including the D2 level between teams in the same division and region). So what is the actual point of your comments? No money games? Pay players?

If no money games then where does the money come from for these athletic departments?

Comment

Bless your heart. Lol. No injured players at Memphis. That paycheck just helped UNA double their coaching salaries for our new Head Coach from FBS.

Looks like your barely .500 Eagles need a paycheck game or two instead of padding your conference with tiny schools no one’s ever heard of like Erskine! Lol.

Originally posted by Larold View Post

BOOM
                      BOOM
                      Last edited by UNALions; 01-02-2023, 11:42 AM.
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by FormerCrusader#84 View Post

I gotta be honest, I have never met a player that had an issue with the opportunity to play against a higher level of competition. Getting beat is something all athletes deal with, but with every opportunity against "better competition" is an opportunity to rise to the challenge and play up to that competition. Losses and blowouts happen. There are blowouts every week at every level (including the D2 level between teams in the same division and region). So what is the actual point of your comments? No money games? Pay players?

If no money games then where does the money come from for these athletic departments?
                        A logical post to a delusional OP. Refreshing. Happy New Year!!
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Looks like your barely .500 Eagles need a paycheck game or two instead of padding your conference with tiny schools no one’s ever heard of like Erskine! Lol.

BOOM
                          And what brought you to that conclusion that CN needs a paycheck game?

Side note, his icon is an eagle. But he's not an eagles fan or supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

And what brought you to that conclusion that CN needs a paycheck game?

Side note, his icon is an eagle. But he's not an eagles fan or supporter.
                            Better salaries for a new coaching staff? I can’t believe how CN has fallen off in the past couple of seasons. 1-9 last year? At least this season was an improvement but obviously in the weaker division of the conference.

I apologize for downing them if he’s just faking as a CN supporter. I always enjoyed keeping up with the Eagles when I was the GSC columnist.

What team does he support? Or just a troll?
                            Last edited by UNALions; 01-02-2023, 12:18 PM.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Bless your heart. Lol. No injured players at Memphis. That paycheck just helped UNA double their coaching salaries for our new Head Coach from FBS.

BOOM
                              LOL I like visiting other boards.
                              good one

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X