Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Shields back in D2

Former LR head coach Ian Shields took the job at Minot State. Coach Shields had the best regular season in LR history in 2014 before losing in the first round to Valdosta and going 5-5 the following year. Would be fun to see the bear bone back in Hickory, maybe LR could try to schedule Minot State.

I just saw this and came to post it! Wow.

Comment

I wish him well as I am sure all Bear Fans do. Just as long as it is not at LR. You must remember his attitude and decision making with Josh Justice, who had just taken LR to the National Championship game. And being on crutches at the beginning of the game, throw them down at half time and all most led the team back.

Josh had another year of eligibility but did not return to LR and their was only one reason. Want to guess what it was?

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
        I wish him well as I am sure all Bear Fans do. Just as long as it is not at LR. You must remember his attitude and decision making with Josh Justice, who had just taken LR to the National Championship game. And being on crutches at the beginning of the game, throw them down at half time and all most led the team back.

Josh had another year of eligibility but did not return to LR and their was only one reason. Want to guess what it was?
        Almost led the team back in what game?

Comment

The 2013 National Championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
            The 2013 National Championship game.
            Eh. I wouldn't say he almost brought them back lol

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Eh. I wouldn't say he almost brought them back lol
              Yeah I feel the same way. A ton of LR fans think that Justice would've won the natty for us if he'd started the game, I'm not super sure. I do, however, think we beat UWF in 2019 if Dugger plays. That's one of those that's nagged me for a while.

Comment

I was at the National Championship and the fans from Northwest all thought that it would have been a much different game if he had started. Those fans were most gracious and shared their admiration for what Josh did in the second half. Would we have won? Who knows, but Shields was a complete idiot for how he handled Josh the next year.

Comment

IDK if they would've won, considering the game wasn't close. Would it have been closer with Justice? Maybe. But L-R never got it to a one possession game after the 1st quarter. That's why I can't buy.

I guess it's a good thing Shields is going somewhere where there are literally no expectations. If he wins 3-4 games at Minot he runs away with NSIC coach of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                    That's one of those that's nagged me for a while.
                    I get that. C-N has had a couple of those games over the years. Still taste like vinegar

Comment

Shields is the reason we lost to Valdosta with some of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen during a game. We had the best team in the country that year and he blew it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X