Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early SAC Favorite

Who's the SAC favorite going into next year?

I'm guessing Wingate, LR, and Newberry

Comment

Newberry
      Back to Back to Back

Comment

Newberry gonna be able to replace the guys they lost this year?

Comment

Something to be afraid of if you are a fan of a team not named Lenoir-Rhyne. LR just released its 2023 spring roster - only three starters and the punter are no longer on the football team at Lenoir-Rhyne (either through transfer or graduation). By no means does this mean we are coming into the fall with 19 returning starters, but it should tell you that LR is not losing much and will continue to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
            Newberry gonna be able to replace the guys they lost this year?
            I sure hope so. I know they are very excited about what we have coming in the fall.

Comment

I think Newberry will be in good shape at QB, and at the running back position. The big question mark on Offense will be our Offensive Line and at WR. I think the defense has potential to be MUCH stronger this year than it was this past season.

Only Time will tell.

Comment

Speaking of next year, I was looking at the 2023 schedule that the SAC put out some time back and it looks like the divisional cross over opponents are the same ones as for 2022. Why would they not have switched out 2 of them so you would play each school over the 2 years. So LR will not play Mars Hill or E&H in 2022 or 2023. I think they need to ditch the divisions and just have the two highest teams play in a championship game the last week of the season. Otherwise they will have to pick up another team after Barton and Erskine leave and Anderson comes on board.

Comment

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
                  Speaking of next year, I was looking at the 2023 schedule that the SAC put out some time back and it looks like the divisional cross over opponents are the same ones as for 2022. Why would they not have switched out 2 of them so you would play each school over the 2 years. So LR will not play Mars Hill or E&H in 2022 or 2023. I think they need to ditch the divisions and just have the two highest teams play in a championship game the last week of the season. Otherwise they will have to pick up another team after Barton and Erskine leave and Anderson comes on board.
                  I don't think there will be a championship game when Anderson comes on for football. You'll have 11 schools (assuming they don't add a 12th football school). Everybody plays 10 SAC games and then has to find 1 OOC.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                    Something to be afraid of if you are a fan of a team not named Lenoir-Rhyne. LR just released its 2023 spring roster - only three starters and the punter are no longer on the football team at Lenoir-Rhyne (either through transfer or graduation). By no means does this mean we are coming into the fall with 19 returning starters, but it should tell you that LR is not losing much and will continue to grow.
                    That's also, as you sort of mentioned, assuming people on the spring roster stay.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X