Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC Baseball Tournament

Friday, April 28 (Newberry, S.C.)

Game 1: #5 Lenoir-Rhyne vs #4 Carson-Newman, 3:00 p.m.
    Game 2: #8 Tusculum vs #1 Newberry, 6:30 p.m.

Friday, April 28 (Wingate, N.C.)

Game 1: #6 Lincoln Memorial vs #3 Catawba, 3:00 p.m.
    Game 2: #7 Anderson vs #2 Wingate, 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, April 29 (Newberry, S.C.)

Game 3: Winner Gm 1 vs Winner Gm 2, 11 a.m.
    Game 4: Loser Gm 1 vs Loser Gm 2, 2:45 p.m.
    Game 5: Loser Gm 3 vs Winner Gm 4, 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, April 29 (Wingate, N.C.)

Game 3: Winner Gm 1 vs Winner Gm 2, 11 a.m.
    Game 4: Loser Gm 1 vs Loser Gm 2, 2:45 p.m.
    Game 5: Loser Gm 3 vs Winner Gm 4, 6:30 p.m.

Sunday, April 30 (Newberry, S.C.)

Game 6: Winner Gm 5 vs Winner Gm 3, 12:00 p.m.
    Game 7: Loser Gm 6 vs Loser Gm 6, 3:00 p.m. (if necessary)

Sunday, April 30 (Wingate, N.C.)

Game 6: Winner Gm 5 vs Winner Gm 3, 12:00 p.m.
    Game 7: Loser Gm 6 vs Loser Gm 6, 3:00 p.m. (if necessary)

Sunday, May 7 – Monday, May 8 (Kodak, Tenn.)

Championship Series

Go Wolves!

Comment

Newberry Wolves Baseball- # 10 National Ranking, SAC Regular Season Champion, Player of the Year (Braylin Marine), Freshman of the Year (Bennett Roemer), Coach of the Year (Russell Triplett), plus 6 All-Conference Players

Athletics at Newberry College continue to exceed expectations! Hail to the Scarlet & Gray!

Go Wolves!
      Last edited by Hailscarlet&gray; 04-28-2023, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Softball tournament kicked off yesterday too, but only 1 game got played. At some point these teams will figure out pitching to Macauley Bailey is a stupid idea.

Comment

Going from 4 wins to the cusp of making the conference tournament was a nice turnaround for Limestone this season. I think we are on the right track with Coach Harker. He won over 30 games at Furman before they cut the program during the pandemic then he helped led Hillcrest High School in Greenville, SC to a 5A state title as a "volunteer coach" before we hired him.

Comment

Railsplitters take game 1. Maybe game 2 today in the title series. Weather is supposed to be sucky all day.

Comment

Newberry takes game 2. Go Wolves! Bring home the SAC Tournament Championship!

Comment

Newberry College SAC Tournament Champions! Go Wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post
                  Newberry College SAC Tournament Champions! Go Wolves!
                  I tried keeping up with the live stats at my daughter's baseball game last night but couldn't do it. Last I saw was Wolves up 5-0.

Comment

It was a great game. Lincoln Memorial fought back and made it one heck of a series. Unfortunately, I think they had 3 errors in the 3rd game which was hard for them to recover from.

Comment

Newberry opens up the Play-offs with the University of Tampa. This will be tough as Tampa is loaded with talent from top to bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post
                        Newberry opens up the Play-offs with the University of Tampa. This will be tough as Tampa is loaded with talent from top to bottom.
                        It wasn't the play-offs ;). Just the final regular season games.

Newberry's rotation didn't match up quite well with this series, as their main pitchers threw in the SAC tournament on Saturday. Not enough recovery time.

First game was - before the 7th inning - much closer than the score indicated. Newberry got the hits, they just didn't capitlize with runners on base.

Game 2 was just sucky. Not a lot of life. Still with hits, but Tampa with the big bats. As always, walks will always kill you. Especially if you walk 3+ batters in an inning.

I really thought they'd pull it out in game 3, but pitching couldn't put it away. Major offensive explosion for both teams. Lots of hits, runs, and a few errors sprinkled in there for good measure.

Great experience for the Wolves and I look forward to them hosting the regional on Thursday.

I'll be there with my daughter's travel softball team on Thursday, and there on Friday at whatever time they play (hopefully 7pm ;)). And then, hopefully back in time from a softball tourney for the (hopeful) final Newberry game of the regional at 7pm on Saturday.

GO WOLVES!

Comment

Originally posted by pm2011 View Post

It wasn't the play-offs ;). Just the final regular season games.

Newberry's rotation didn't match up quite well with this series, as their main pitchers threw in the SAC tournament on Saturday. Not enough recovery time.

First game was - before the 7th inning - much closer than the score indicated. Newberry got the hits, they just didn't capitlize with runners on base.

Game 2 was just sucky. Not a lot of life. Still with hits, but Tampa with the big bats. As always, walks will always kill you. Especially if you walk 3+ batters in an inning.

I really thought they'd pull it out in game 3, but pitching couldn't put it away. Major offensive explosion for both teams. Lots of hits, runs, and a few errors sprinkled in there for good measure.

Great experience for the Wolves and I look forward to them hosting the regional on Thursday.

I'll be there with my daughter's travel softball team on Thursday, and there on Friday at whatever time they play (hopefully 7pm ;)). And then, hopefully back in time from a softball tourney for the (hopeful) final Newberry game of the regional at 7pm on Saturday.

GO WOLVES!
                          Thank you for the clarification. I misunderstood with those games being played after the SAC Tournament, I assumed it was the playoffs. I'm glad it wasn't now. Maybe we will fair better against UNC Pembroke.

GO WOLVES!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X