Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic: Men's Lax

The SAC is well represented this year in the NCAA D2 tournament, with Limestone the #2 seed, Wingate at #3 and LR at #5 (of six South region seeds)...

Same with softball. 3 as well (Wingate, Lenoir-Rhyne and Carson-Newman)

Comment

The Bears take down the defending champions, Tampa, in a whale of a game in blistering Tampa heat. 10-9.

Moving on to face Rollins in Winter Park Sunday at 1PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironcheftvdinner View Post
        The Bears take down the defending champions, Tampa, in a whale of a game in blistering Tampa heat. 10-9.

Moving on to face Rollins in Winter Park Sunday at 1PM.
        And the Bulldogs of Wingate lost by one today to UIndy, who will take on the Saints on Sunday at 1 in Gaffney

Comment

Update on lax. LR beat beat #1 seed in the south Rollins and will face a familiar foe in Limestone this weekend in Gaffney. Expect a LARGE contingent of Bears fans south of the state line this weekend. Winner plays for the national championship in Philly next weekend.

Comment

LR lax through to the national championship after an offensive explosion against Limestone. Will hope to exorcise those demons from the loss in the natty two years ago. Expect a great pro LR crowd at Lincoln financial field!
            Last edited by BEARS; 05-22-2023, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
              LR lax through to the national championship after an offensive explosion against Newberry. Will hope to exorcise those demons from the loss in the natty two years ago. Expect a great pro LR crowd at Lincoln financial field!
              Newberry? I think you mean Limestone, Lol.

Comment

Ooooops. Sorry about that, changing it now.

Comment

I want to go to in-person support the Bears. But that 7.5 hour drive time (might as well plan on 9.50 to 10 hours total) and then the return trip being the same. I truly want to but...... I am on the fence.

Comment

Couldn't pay me enough to go to Philly. I'll watch on the stream. I know it's a big weekend with all of the championships but I sort of wish they would hold the D2 men's and women's championships somewhere a little smaller. Oh well. Go Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
                      Couldn't pay me enough to go to Philly. I'll watch on the stream. I know it's a big weekend with all of the championships but I sort of wish they would hold the D2 men's and women's championships somewhere a little smaller. Oh well. Go Bears!
                      I have been at a number of NCs in lax and the atmosphere is great - with some top level tailgating as well. You are missing out!

Comment

14 to 1 at the half and I only wish I had made the 9 hour drive to Philly to be seeing it in person, But my seat in front of the computer is not bad at all. Not sure what they fed those Bears this morning but OMG are they roaring!

Comment

Bears 20-5 (F). Don't know much about lax but that was great defense in and around the crease and some amazing shots by LR.

Comment

What an outstanding way for LR and the SAC to end the school and sports season!! D2 National Championship in such convincing manner.
                            Now if the pigskin group can elevate its level of play. I remember Neil McGeahy challenging the coaches to strive not for just another conference championship but rather to bring the next National Championship to Hickory.

Comment

The physicality of the Bears today was off the charts. What a great playoff run in dominating fashion offensively and defensively.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X