Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSU Questions

Am I correct in assuming that SSU being in transition is not elgible for SIAC championship game?
    Also, does anyone know how many scholarship equivalents they are at? If they are transitioning, did they have to get to the 36 scholarships this year or do they have to be there by year 3?

Yes, SSU is not eligible for the SIAC championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post
      Am I correct in assuming that SSU being in transition is not elgible for SIAC championship game?
      Also, does anyone know how many scholarship equivalents they are at? If they are transitioning, did they have to get to the 36 scholarships this year or do they have to be there by year 3?
      SSU did not have to get down to the 36 scholarship equivalencies until next season so they still have that advantage this year. Their being ineligible through the 2020 season is not only due to transitioning, but compliance sanctions across its athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by pennbraz View Post

SSU did not have to get down to the 36 scholarship equivalencies until next season so they still have that advantage this year. Their being ineligible through the 2020 season is not only due to transitioning, but compliance sanctions across its athletic department.
        Thanks.
        I felt fairly sure of the first answer, but # of scholarships I was very unsure of. So it just begs the question if they are playing with 60 or 40 equivalent scholarships. How much of an advantage do they have this year? With their money problems I doubt they were at the 63 max for FCS and I searched and they signed 18 in 2019 vs. 28 in 2018 if the #s I found are accurate and were a lot of these partials? Also, how many equivalents will they have for 2020?

SSU needs an asterisk by their record this year denoting their ineligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post

Thanks.
          I felt fairly sure of the first answer, but # of scholarships I was very unsure of. So it just begs the question if they are playing with 60 or 40 equivalent scholarships. How much of an advantage do they have this year? With their money problems I doubt they were at the 63 max for FCS and I searched and they signed 18 in 2019 vs. 28 in 2018 if the #s I found are accurate and were a lot of these partials? Also, how many equivalents will they have for 2020?

SSU needs an asterisk by their record this year denoting their ineligibility.
          They might not have been at the 63 max, but they had to have been close to that. They played FBS body bag games year in and out, and for a FBS team to count a game against a FCS school that FCS school must average at least 90% of the FCS scholarship equivalent over a two year period. Since it seems like they were playing FBS teams every year they had to be averaging at least 56.7 scholarships per year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X