X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paine loses accreditation

What will happen next?

https://www.wjbf.com/news/paine-coll...ted-with-sacs/

Man I feel bad for them, but their enrollment is so small that I figured they were on borrowed time.

I went to the Masters a few years ago and visited Paine while I was down there, and that campus was actually nicer than I expected. They had a nice, but unique basketball arena. One entire side was a stage that also had a second level of what appeared to be a couple of boxes. You have to Google image search Heal Complex to get a true understanding.

Comment

It will hard to stay open. I think once you loose accreditation you can't get federal student loans.

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post
        It will hard to stay open. I think once you loose accreditation you can't get federal student loans.
        It's going to be hard to attract students to a school with no accreditation either. You may get a few who don't know any better or who don't care, but unless they can figure something out quickly - this is probably the end for them.

Every grad program I've looked at requires an undergrad degree from an accredited college, as does many job postings I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

It's going to be hard to attract students to a school with no accreditation either. You may get a few who don't know any better or who don't care, but unless they can figure something out quickly - this is probably the end for them.

Every grad program I've looked at requires an undergrad degree from an accredited college, as does many job postings I've seen.
          Very true. Sad situation

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post

Very true. Sad situation
            No doubt.

Comment

TRACS is an interesting accrediting body. There is not a ton of info out there on them, but I did find this article from 2019 that references Paine College a little bit. Essentially, if Paine receives accreditation through TRACS, they will continue to receive federal aid. The provider is not without some controversy though.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...ther-religious

Comment

Losing accreditation doesn't say much for the administration. See the line from the article - the school first became under fire in 2012 after alleged mismanagement of funds and a failure to meet the standards of the accrediting body. The faculty, students and other staff members may unfairly bear the brunt. I hope Paine College doesn't lose accreditation or close it's door's, but I won't be surprised if they do.
                Last edited by crixus; 06-29-2020, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X