Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIAC

Is there any way to see how many scholarships each SIAC school has to offer? My son is a sophomore starter as a DE but his coaches have already said for his junior, senior years they want him to move to LB as he's already 6-2 220 and they feel he'd be best there going forward. He feels he's a D1 prospect but also realizes any scholarship is better than none and started looking at D2 options preferably HBCU's. We are looking to start the recruiting trips early unofficially so he has time to make an informed decision. I would assume Tuskegee, Albany State & Morehouse would probably be the top 3 schools for awarding the most scholarships in the conference.

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
    Is there any way to see how many scholarships each SIAC school has to offer? My son is a sophomore starter as a DE but his coaches have already said for his junior, senior years they want him to move to LB as he's already 6-2 220 and they feel he'd be best there going forward. He feels he's a D1 prospect but also realizes any scholarship is better than none and started looking at D2 options preferably HBCU's. We are looking to start the recruiting trips early unofficially so he has time to make an informed decision. I would assume Tuskegee, Albany State & Morehouse would probably be the top 3 schools for awarding the most scholarships in the conference.
    Not sure that is public info and also wouldn't expect the scholarship to be a full but I would reach out the coaching staffs at each school to find out.

Comment

Hi like it was said very hard to know. You have understand the number games I don't think it's changed but
      D1
      FBS can have 85 student's in scholarship
      FCS can have 63

??????D2
      35 or 36 in scholarship
      D3
      No scholarship they usually find a way to work them on academic

Now for d2 to maximize the money the give a lot of partial. So when a student athletes says they have a offer they need to understand there are limitations especially from d2 . It may be for tuition only you still may have to come out if pocket for firm and meal plan. So make sure you know exactly how much you are getting with d2 . A lot of offer are preferred walk on. Meaning you are guaranteed a spot but no money.
      forvd1 you can go online to find my number of slit but also remember it's very fluid now with the transfer portal. T so 10 open today could be 6 tomorrow. It very competitive
      Also remember scholarship are not 4years they are year to year.

Like anything else read the fine print.
      D2 and HBCU are great . Wish him the best of. luck and remember grades are key. School can get creative with scholarship money if he has good grades so if you go down with D2 make sure you ask about other scholarship.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X