Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuskegee has a new Football Coach/ AD

Tuskegee is bringing in Reginald Ruffin to replace Willie Slater as Head Football Coach/AD.
    I like him as the football coach but wish would have hired a separate AD. Slater tenure started its downfall when he took over the AD responsibilities. The loses could be coincident but the last 3 seasons have been been sub-par for the Tuskegee faithful.

https://goldentigersports.com/news/2...all-coach.aspx

https://hbcugameday.com/2021/12/21/t...-over-program/

Replacing a former UNA coach with a former UNA player. Slater did an amazing job over the years. But I was pretty shocked by this move.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Slater has done amazing in whole tenure but it seems the SIAC has caught up to him the last several seasons. Not many in the Tuskegee circles were surprised by the move, a lot of alumni weren't happy with losing and we were losing bad. Also the school listed the AD position in November and Coach position in December. So many knew a change was coming.

Comment

Congratulations to Reginald Ruffin.

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post
          Tuskegee is bringing in Reginald Ruffin to replace Willie Slater as Head Football Coach/AD.
          I like him as the football coach but wish would have hired a separate AD. Slater tenure started its downfall when he took over the AD responsibilities. The loses could be coincident but the last 3 seasons have been been sub-par for the Tuskegee faithful.
          Serious question, if the downfall began when Slater combined roles, then why did Tuskegee go hire someone to be HC/AD? Was it a budget/money saving issue?

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post
            Slater tenure started its downfall when he took over the AD responsibilities. T
            Is it possible that could be coincidental?

Could it simply be a case of the game passing him by as he nears retirement age?

I honestly don't know the answer, but I thought of a possible different way to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

Serious question, if the downfall began when Slater combined roles, then why did Tuskegee go hire someone to be HC/AD? Was it a budget/money saving issue?
              A lot of people were wondering the same thing. It could be a money issue but Ruffin was doing both at Miles, so maybe the felt he had experience in doing both.
              Maybe he also expressed interest in the AD position and talked his way into the HC position too. I really dont know.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X