Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIAC scrapping divisions

https://thesiac.com/news/2022/12/2/g...ing-model.aspx

So now everyone has 4 protected rivals and will play half of the remaining 8 teams in a given year. This puts everyone at 8 conference games and stops the madness of having games that count in the standings for one team and not the other.

I believe the ACC was the first college football conference to announce this type of model (heard it referred to as pod scheduling). Not sure when the ACC actually plans to start using it though. I was thinking the SIAC should switch to pod scheduling after they've had unbalanced divisions the last 2 years. Look forward to seeing how this plays out for the SIAC.

SN: can somebody send this to NSIC and MIAA headquarters? End the silo fellas!

Comment

I like the move given the unbalance of east/west division and it places the best two teams in the conference championship game.

Comment

From Albany State's AD on Twitter
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
          I believe the ACC was the first college football conference to announce this type of model (heard it referred to as pod scheduling). Not sure when the ACC actually plans to start using it though. I was thinking the SIAC should switch to pod scheduling after they've had unbalanced divisions the last 2 years. Look forward to seeing how this plays out for the SIAC.

SN: can somebody send this to NSIC and MIAA headquarters? End the silo fellas!
          With Upper Iowa moving to the GLVC next season, the 13 remaining teams in the NSIC will have an open date to either use as a bye or schedule out-of-conference. For now, the NSIC's silo scheduling scheme is dead.

Also, the MIAA does not have divisions, so everyone plays everyone else (ie. Big 12 - though that changes next season).
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X