Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on ex-Savannah State Assistants

For those not in the loop, Tyrone Wheatley (Michigan RB, First round pick, RB coach around the NFL, HC at Morgan State) has been hired to be Wayne State's head coach. So far, he's brought on Russell DeMasi, Tom Sims, Glenn Davis, and Rosco Byrd as assistants, all of whom at one point or another were assistants at Savannah State. Just wondering if y'all had some insight as to what to expect with these guys.

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post
    For those not in the loop, Tyrone Wheatley (Michigan RB, First round pick, RB coach around the NFL, HC at Morgan State) has been hired to be Wayne State's head coach. So far, he's brought on Russell DeMasi, Tom Sims, Glenn Davis, and Rosco Byrd as assistants, all of whom at one point or another were assistants at Savannah State. Just wondering if y'all had some insight as to what to expect with these guys.
    A little shocked, sort of, because of the lack of production at Savannah St. But then again, everyone maybe have improved.

Comment

Yeah, but some of that was to be expected at SSU with the D1 to D2 drop. DeMasi was popular with the players and several in the administration, and people were not happy when he was given the boot.

Comment

I got a chance to speak with a few of the coaches after WSU's spring game. I'm definitely on board with DeMasi (and I'm happy he's not married to running the Triple Option here).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X