Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU Season Recap

Well, another disappointing season for ECU. I guess 2 games is better than 1 though. ECU seems to have some great talent, but constant miscues seemed to be the demise of the team. It's sure hard to win ball games when your team is giving up 30+ points per game. I know there is a lot of youth on the team, so hopefully it picks up for next season. Another major issue was the lack of production from the offense in the 2nd half of each game toward the end of the season. Once the 3rd quarter hit, the offense did almost nothing. The RB has been great and its good to have a good run game, but the passing game was like a ghost. The beginning of the season we had that other QB who looked pretty good and even got GAC Player of the Week. I wonder why the coach never put him back out there with the poor play of the current QB? He seemed to push it down the field and throw it deep. ECU has some talent, but some serious changes need to be made in many areas.

Re: ECU Season Recap

1st off, welcome to the board! I love seeing another ECU poster here.

I couldn't agree more. The team is full of talent on both sides of the ball, but as you stated it is not turning into wins. On the QB issue, our original starter was injured, but Austin-Ramsey won the job is what I heard. Whether or not the other guy was better, I'm not sure. Holle definitely passes the eye test, and to me we have to find a way to make him the starter. He is very talented.

The off-season for this program is a huge toss up. To me, it could be that there are zero coaching changes made, to one or two coaches gone, or the entire staff gone. I really don't know and I haven't heard anything.

Comment

Big news out of ECU:
      http://ecutigers.com/news/2017/11/13...t-central.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
        Wow! Literally just saw this on your Twitter!!! I thought some things would happen, but I didn't think this would be it. I am extremely interested to see what happens as this moves forward.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post
          1st off, welcome to the board! I love seeing another ECU poster here.

I couldn't agree more. The team is full of talent on both sides of the ball, but as you stated it is not turning into wins. On the QB issue, our original starter was injured, but Austin-Ramsey won the job is what I heard. Whether or not the other guy was better, I'm not sure. Holle definitely passes the eye test, and to me we have to find a way to make him the starter. He is very talented.

The off-season for this program is a huge toss up. To me, it could be that there are zero coaching changes made, to one or two coaches gone, or the entire staff gone. I really don't know and I haven't heard anything.
          I agree with your assessment of the QB situation. To me, I would rather have a guy who has a ton more potential with a few growing pains than someone who plays it safe every game. On a larger note, I am very interested to see what comes of ECU this off season based on the news of the coach resigning. Many things could change, and many more may change as well as a result of this news. We will see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by d2footballguy View Post
            I agree with your assessment of the QB situation. To me, I would rather have a guy who has a ton more potential with a few growing pains than someone who plays it safe every game. On a larger note, I am very interested to see what comes of ECU this off season based on the news of the coach resigning. Many things could change, and many more may change as well as a result of this news. We will see what happens
            Totally agree. The entire landscape of the athletic program could change if you ask me. When a guy has been there that long and done that much for the university, a change this big could be massive!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X