Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 All-GAC Awards

Originally posted by Racous Ranger View Post
    I have to agree with you here Armo about Cole Sears. On merit alone he deserves recognition. Probably THE biggest snub. Where would Monticello have been without him? Why is it that every other position other than QB (arguably the most important position on a team) and TE were awarded far more All-Conference selections than you need to field 3 teams? 13 Linebackers for a 3 team selection is ridiculous. I have to admit that I was totally surprised to see Ranger LB Devin Peyton selected for the 2nd team while playing in only 6 of 12 games. While I pull for my team I tell it like it is and cannot understand his choice. How many times have we heard how Football teaches life lessons? This is not the case here. Life isn't always fair and his injury sure wasn't but I can tell you this for sure, if anybody shows up to work only half the time they aren't going to be recognized, in "real life" you see it all over, no excuse absentee policies meaning there is no excuse including injury or illness for not showing up. You won't have a job no matter how productive you have been half the time. All-Conference awards have gotten out of hand as far as the numbers selected. Having close to 40% (95) of starters make All-Conference is approaching handing out Participation Trophies. Some Conferences award even more. The more players you select to these teams the more it becomes questionable as to why some others don't make the grade. I'm a firm believer that each team (1st and 2nd) should select only 1 player for each position. Honorable mention could go to a slightly wider group but not necessarily. Think about it, if you score a 70/100 or top 30% on a test in class ( a C grade) you are considered average. This does not depict true life experience, it's appeasing the masses.
    We too had a few Tigers on the list that left me scratching my head. But glad they made it lol
    Last edited by Finishempty Fred; 11-15-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
      He didn't look that special to me in person. But hey, maybe I'm just a little bias.
      He scored 2TDs against us. I'd say he was pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
        We too had a few Tigers on the list that left me scratching my head. But glad they made it lol
        Just looked at the MIAA "All-Conference" selections and they awarded 160 for 12 teams, 60%!! That's a unreal and makes their selection process a joke. One team had 21 selected, how would you like to be the 1 player not recognized from that team? That has gone far overboard.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
          He scored 2TDs against us. I'd say he was pretty decent.
          So he scored 7 td's against the top two teams in the league. He was ok.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X