Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most improved

Just curious!! Who do our posters consider most improved team!? Obviously snu would be a good fit but not to good of a fit bc they still lost the last couple games when they had a chance to have a winning season!!

Re: Most improved

SNU still would have to be. Only had 2 or 3 GAC wins in six years coming into this season if I'm not mistaken and got 4 this year alone. If not them, UAM probably. They've made some strides.

Comment

I think it would definitely be SNU. I mean, they've done absolutely nothing the last few years except maybe sneak a win over UAM, or OBU. From 2013-2016 they were 3-41 and this year they go 4-6. Looks to be some brighter day on the horizon in Bethany.

I would say UAM is the second monst improved. Coach Shipp has the Weevel offense rolling, putting up some big numbers.

And it looks like NWOSU might finally be recovering from the debacle that was Kevin Turco? Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate72 View Post
        I
        And it looks like NWOSU might finally be recovering from the debacle that was Kevin Turco? Time will tell.
        Lol
        Most improved during the season would probably go to Harding.

Comment

Originally posted by sozo View Post
          Lol
          Most improved during the season would probably go to Harding.

Comment

Oh you were clear, I was just typing out loud. :)

Comment

I think it would definitely be SNU. I mean, they've done absolutely nothing the last few years except maybe sneak a win over UAM, or OBU. From 2013-2016 they were 3-41 and this year they go 4-6. Looks to be some brighter day on the horizon in Bethany.

I would say UAM is the second monst improved. Coach Shipp has the Weevel offense rolling, putting up some big numbers.

I agree with you that SNU was most improved and Monticello next. As far as recovering from the Turco year the current coach won only 3 games his first year matching Turco and hasn't done much better since. It's more a continuation than a recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Racous Ranger View Post
                I agree with you that SNU was most improved and Monticello next. As far as recovering from the Turco year the current coach won only 3 games his first year matching Turco and hasn't done much better since. It's more a continuation than a recovery.
                I see. I'd have to think that recruiting is one of the main issues there. No offense, but it's gotta be tough convincing kids to come to Alva. I thought Hays was out there until I visited NWOSU.

Comment

On a side note, kinda, watched a whole half of the OU/Texas game waiting for a pizza at the local Pizza Hut. smh

Comment

I see. I'd have to think that recruiting is one of the main issues there. No offense, but it's gotta be tough convincing kids to come to Alva. I thought Hays was out there until I visited NWOSU.
                    Recruiting is always hard and based on the fact we lead the league every year in penalties against maybe that tells us something about the quality of disciplined players we settle for. I'm not saying all our players are "penalty prone" but leading the league in that category year after year since the current coach has been aboard speaks volumes about his ability or inability to attract and coach disciplined players.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X