Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case against Finishempty Fred

http://www.d2football.com/forum/show...t=91435&page=4http://www.d2football.com/forum/show...t=89394&page=2
    Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    2018 Tigers has a chance to go undefeated next year. If the QB situation works out, we have a chance to go deep in the playoffs!!!
    Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Every team has a chance to go undefeated next year--some better than others. It's the way of the offseason.

If the QB situation works out for Ouachita they will certainly find ways to win in the GAC...it's what Ouachita does. Having said that, replacing the talent and experience of Warford is going to be tough.

As for the POs, if I remember correctly, the Tigers return mostly intact a defense that gave up around 432ypg and 26ppg. They won many of their games in high scoring affairs. Those kinds of teams don't typically make deep playoff runs. Other PO teams tend to have good offenses too. It's the ability to stop those offenses that typically determines who makes playoff runs.
    Not enough for Fred, he decides to go all condescending on me, by giving me a lecture about how a 4-2-5 defense works.
    Tigers 4-2-5 defense is a system that automatically gets stats for the the 2 LBs. The difference this year will be the constant pressure we will put on the QB with our front 4. We had a bunch of young guys who will end up being all time greats on the the front 4. This will take a lot of pressure off the backend who will be alot more seasoned and ready to contribute. I guess it comes down to knowing your personnel. We expect big things from the defense this year. As far as the QB situation. You better believe Coach Derby has a card in his back pocket. Our offense is a run first scheme and QB friendly. This same offense that didn't lose a whole lot in 2016 when Afford got hurt and missed most of the second half of the season. We have playmakers all over the field and that will be a big help to any new QB. Plus it looks like Harding will be without their dangerous running QB to begin the year. The guy who played against Commerce did impress me with better throwing ability but his feet doesn't put pressure on the defense, we all know what Harding wants to do. That will handicap them to begin the season. I like our chances to go back to back and finally make a run in the playoffs.
    Since most teams in this league run either a 4-2-5 or a 3-4 D I'm aware of how they work.

As for the Ouachita defensive front four. If I remember correctly Ouachita's front four averaged 255 last year. They had only 16 sacks last year of which 9 of those came against NWOSU, SWOSU & ECU--the 3 worst o-lines in the league. If you are going to argue that the improvements will come due to off-season workouts, etc., then you have to account for the fact that opposing offensive lines will have the opportunity to do the same.

As a football analyst, I do not see how having that kind of d-line back is going to automatically translate into better pressure this upcoming year--let alone being all time greats--nor do I see where your optimism that they are going to make a giant leap forward is coming from.
    Fred then double downs on the implicit condescending insults.
    The same confidence I had coming into last season and I'm sure I the only one picking my Tigers to win conference. As you being an analysis, I'm pretty sure I know more about this team than you do. Im also pretty sure you aren't putting in the time and resources to truly understand this team. Anyone can look up stats!!!!
    I attempt to keep it about football.
    You do realize that the majority of pressure generated against opposing QBs by Ouachita was due to the LBs NOT the D-line, right?

And please, save the whole in a 4-2-5 LBs are the mainstay spiel. Harding, Tech, & SAU also run 4-2-5 defenses and generate their pressure with their D-lines. The fact is, there is no evidence showing any trends that would indicate Ouachita's defense, particularly the D-line, will dramatically improve to the level you are claiming.
    Fred does not respond.

Then, after OUA has their Spring Game, Fred writes the following on the Spring Ball thread. The post in question is #12. It can be found here: http://www.d2football.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90798
    After spring game heres my take.
    1. Offense will be the strength of our team again this year.
    2. RB corp will be the best in GAC.
    3. If 6'7" WR McElroy shows up this year opposing secondaries are in trouble.
    4. Defense very suspect with no depth at most positions. LB corp looks very unexperienced and secondary looks confused at times. We will how to outscore opponents again this year to be successful.
    5. We will compete and have a good shot at winning another GAC Championship.

Re: The case against Finishempty Fred

Ah yes. Fred definitely made my first day on the board memorable.

Comment

Comment

Really lol.

Comment

Comment

He's not waisting his time. Gives us a little drama before the season kicks off!!!! Man you are a party pooper!!!

Comment

Reddiemade
              make life worse for you and everyone else.[/QUOTE]

On a serious note.....
              I don't believe anything I say on here will make anyone's life better or worse. If you let what you see on here determine how happy your life is, then that might be a *YOU* problem.
              Last edited by Finishempty Fred; 08-23-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Dang Armo,

You had a lot of time to write that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                  Dang Armo,

You had a lot of time to write that.
                  Man it feels good to have Armo and Brandon both come at me in one week. It's safe to say that I'm a D2 message board legend!!!!

Comment

Man it feels good to have Armo and Brandon both come at me in one week. It's safe to say that I'm a D2 message board legend!!!!

Well you aren't quite JuicedMule or BCON level yet. More of a WTAMYOU.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post

Well you aren't quite JuicedMule or BCON level yet. More of a WTAMYOU.
                      I miss JuicedMule. He was fun those first couple weeks each year. LOL

Comment

Bro I wasn't even coming at you or Armo! Man why can't we all just be friends! There are only so many of us that enjoy D2 football

Comment

Did I just read a 9 page ad hominem attack that spent the bulk of its passages decrying ad hominem attacks?

No judgement. Just asking for a friend.

Comment

Reddiemade
                            make life worse for you and everyone else.

On a serious note.....
                            I don't believe anything I say on here will make anyone's life better or worse. If you let what you see on here determine how happy your life is, then that might be a *YOU* problem.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                              Bro I wasn't even coming at you or Armo! Man why can't we all just be friends! There are only so many of us that enjoy D2 football
                              I know mulerider. Wasn't trying to imply that you were.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X