Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAC Attendance

I am curious about attendance all over the D2 world. Last year I did an RMAC attendance thread, in which I listed the attendance of every game played in an RMAC stadium every week and I also listed all RMAC teams ranked based on home attendance, updated weekly. I am wondering if anyone here wants to do a GAC attendance thread? The attendance is almost always listed in boxscores posted online on teams' athletic websites. I will check back here to see if anyone does this. If anyone would like an idea of how this might look, you can check out last year's RMAC attendance thread which I started and updated weekly.

??????https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...tendance/page4

sportsvine, to tell you the truth, I think most people guess on attendance. At least that's how they did when I was working at SAU. The SID would literally be like I think there is blank here today. I don't think most schools at this level scan tickets or anything due to costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
      sportsvine, to tell you the truth, I think most people guess on attendance. At least that's how they did when I was working at SAU. The SID would literally be like I think there is blank here today. I don't think most schools at this level scan tickets or anything due to costs.
      I am not sure I totally agree with you, although I will agree that some schools guess. Some schools list rounded figures (often to the nearest 100), although on many box scores, there is a specific number listed, so, fwiw, that is all we have. I also believe that some schools might not be truthful with their numbers, but, again, that is all we have.

Comment

GAC home openers attendance

Arkansas-Monticello 1,985

East Central 4,678

Southern Nazarene 1,237

Southeastern Oklahoma 2,184

Ouchita Baptist 4,386

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

I am not sure I totally agree with you, although I will agree that some schools guess. Some schools list rounded figures (often to the nearest 100), although on many box scores, there is a specific number listed, so, fwiw, that is all we have. I also believe that some schools might not be truthful with their numbers, but, again, that is all we have.
          I mean I just don't think most have the ticket scanner technology implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
            GAC home openers attendance

Arkansas-Monticello 1,985
            I was at this game...and that was my guess...about 2000. I was a little surprised that ATU didn't travel better considering the proximity...they gave me a real ticket and then a raffle ticket, that I had to give to another lady...I think that was how they tracked attendance at that one...

Comment

GAC Sat 9/7 home opener

Oklahoma Baptist 3,252

Comment

Originally posted by spidermac View Post

I was at this game...and that was my guess...about 2000. I was a little surprised that ATU didn't travel better considering the proximity...they gave me a real ticket and then a raffle ticket, that I had to give to another lady...I think that was how they tracked attendance at that one...
                Thanks for your observations and response.

Comment

GAC Home Openers Attendance from week 2 (all conference teams now have had a home opener)

Arkansas Tech 6,379

Henderson St 4,139

NW Oklahoma 3,650

Harding 3,200

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X