Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 8 tidbit

Alright gang. The first Regional Rankings will be coming out next Monday. Based upon what happened in the wider SR3 this past weekend, as long as Harding, Henderson, Ouachita, and Southern Arkansas take care of business this week, as expected, then we are looking at 4 GAC teams being in the initial rankings.

Granted, Henderson, Ouachita and Southern Arkansas will be playing one another during weeks 9 and 10, but this is the first time I can recall that the GAC still has that many teams at this point in the season PO eligible. I think that says some good things about how far the conference has come since its inception in 2011.

The coming weeks of FB are going to be fun to watch.

It is interesting to see these 2019 teams playing well. Before 2015 I'm pretty sure the conference PO record was 0 and too many. From 2015 on the conference has won games in the PO's. It's tough in the PO's and we probably get 2 teams in and maybe a 3rd as a stretch. But I feel 2 teams will get in and can also win some games again in 2019.

Again I'm excited to watch GAC games in the coming weeks

Comment

Comment

Forgot to mention my Bisons. They finish 10-1 and make POs as 5th, 6th or 7th seed depending on what happens with UIndy, GVS and the MIAA teams.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
          Forgot to mention my Bisons. They finish 10-1 and make POs as 5th, 6th or 7th seed depending on what happens with UIndy, GVS and the MIAA teams.
          GV is likely to drop another game to Ferris. I think HU gets the 4 and hosts.

Comment

I wish. I think UIndy and one of the MIAA teams stays above the Bisons and the best they do is 5.

Comment

I wish. I think UIndy and one of the MIAA teams stays above the Bisons and the best they do is 5.

Comment

I still feel like Harding and OBU will be the only one in the playoff's. With Henderson playing in Texarkana for a bowl game. I think SAU misses out this year on the post season all together. I just don't see them playing in a bowl game this year.

Comment

Ahh yeah.. I forgot about Indy. We would need UCM to lose twice more than likely.

Comment

Comment

Comment

If HSU loses to Ouachita in week 11, they are out. Period. Can't get your second loss in the last week

Comment

I guess it's theoretically possible that a 10-1 GAC team could get left out if there are three, but I don't think it's likely. If HSU, HU and OBU are all 10-1 they would all 100% deserve to be in.

HU would definitely make it, having won 10-straight with one loss to a Top-5 team. Would have a strong case to host.

HSU would definitely make it, having won 7-straight with its one loss being a 14-13 road defeat to a Top-15 team and coming off of a road win over a Top-5 team. Would have a strong case to host.

OBU would deserve to make it even if they lost to HSU, but they'd probably be the team having to sweat with the most recent loss. Would likely lose the chance to host, but I imagine a Top-5 team would not fall out of the playoffs with one loss in the final week to another ranked team.

Grand Valley still has to play Ferris, which is going to be a loss for them.

If GAC has three 10-1, I think all three would get in along with Ferris, UIndy, and two from the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by HUBisons1 View Post

If HSU loses to Ouachita in week 11, they are out. Period. Can't get your second loss in the last week
                            I tend to agree with you but you can't say that for certainty at this point with so many games in so many conferences left to play. If HSU walloped SAU then lost a close one to a Top-5 team, a lot would depend on what has happened in the other leagues from Region 3.

Again, I get what you're saying, it certainly wouldn't help HSU's chances, but I do believe there are scenarios where HSU could get in at 9-2 if things break right in the other leagues.

Comment

A few things to keep in mind regarding the MIAA:

1) Central Missouri is undefeated, but hosts Pitt this week, plays @ Kearney next week (week 9), and then plays @ Northwest Missouri week 11.

2) Northwest Missouri already has 1 loss, they play @ Ft. Hays week 10, and host Central Missouri week 11.

3) The 2-loss teams in the MIAA are: Ft. Hays, Missouri Western, Kearney, and Pitt.

4) Here are the remaining schedules for the 2-loss teams:
                              Ft. Hays - Kearney, @ Lincoln, Northwest Missouri, @ Northeastern St
                              Missouri Western - Emporia, @ Pitt, Kearney, @ Lincoln
                              Kearney - @ Ft. Hays, Central Missouri, @ Missouri Western, Washburn
                              Pitt - @ Central Missouri, Missouri Western, @ Washburn, Missouri Southern

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X