Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take to get the GAC to schedule non-conference games?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take to get the GAC to schedule non-conference games?

I get that with 12 teams in the GAC, it makes a lot of sense to play 11 conference games, but I feel like that gets old every year. I would have loved to play a team from other conferences. Plus a non-conference win would look better on a playoff resume as well. I'm sure they could figure out a way to determine a conference champ while still allowing for non-conference games. What would keep them from doing this? I know that it wouldn't make perfect sense, but it'd be a lot more fun.

It might take the MIAA doing the same thing first...

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
      It might take the MIAA doing the same thing first...
      The MIAA and GAC could even do a partnership for the non-conference games if they wanted. That'd be pretty fun, and it would probably help both conferences out. But what do I know about anything lmao.

Comment

I dont think it would work or is very likely with 12 teams unless they go to a 12 game schedule or a team moves conference.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Does anyone think Langston would want to join the GAC?

Comment

I think Langston would be a good fit if they felt like it would benefit them in some way. I need to ask around and figure out why SWOSU left the LSC. Location-wise it would have made a lot more sense for SWOSU to have stayed in the LSC.

Comment

1) Regarding non-conference games, the GAC could do a 2-game scheduling alliance with the MIAA, so that way travel partners within the GAC doesn't get messed up. However, the GAC is not likely to consider non-con games until the MIAA opens up--and even then there is a very good chance they will still stick with the silo schedule.

2) Langston tried to go D2 before, with sponsorship from the GAC. They pulled their application during the process before the NCAA made a decision on the application.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X