Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUTURE OF THE GAC

Well, Regular Season is over. Congrats to the 4 or 5 GAC teams that will be competing in the Post-Season. This was a great year in the conference where most of the conference was competitive and Oklahoma is finally gaining ground on some of the Arkansas Schools.
    The future of the GAC is going to be good. Obviously, OBU and Harding will continue to be Playoff teams each year.
    Henderson State has made their way back to competing for a conference title.
    SAU is the same old SAU. Will always be a 6-5 to 8-3 team. Will never compete for a conference title.
    OKBU had their best season yet. Terrible defense and a great QB. If the QB comes back they will again win 5-7 games next season.
    UAM can be good. They can win 7-8 games. The QB is an athlete but has to become a better QB.
    ARK TECH will get it turned around. Expect them to make some noise in the near future.
    NWOSU & SWOSU will always be 3-5 win teams. Just don't have IT.
    SNU is terrible. But the head coach has done a great job winning a couple games a year.
    SEOSU is in trouble. Watching the ECU game yesterday, they lost their cool, gave up a ton of free yards through penalties, and conservative play-calling cost them the game.
    Now to ECU. ECU is going to be a handful for teams the next 3 years. They will return 18 starters the next 2 years. They are the youngest team in the country. Offensively, they had the best RB in the conference (for 2 more years.) Kenny Hrncir will be the guy in the conference the next few years. Finished the year with 2500 total yards. He will have his entire WR core back. They return 4 OL and a TE next year. Their entire defense will be back. Yes they struggled this year but will get better as they mature. ECU went 3-8 but lost 4 1 score games. ECU will win 6-8 games next season.

I love optimism. And I mean that seriously. In such a negative and pessimistic world, its refreshing to see someone face a not so good season and keep an optimistic attitude. Kudos to you, OT25. Im sure they are about to roast ya though. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Bigworm View Post
      I love optimism. And I mean that seriously. In such a negative and pessimistic world, its refreshing to see someone face a not so good season and keep an optimistic attitude. Kudos to you, OT25. Im sure they are about to roast ya though. Haha
      what are you going to roast? facts? You guys look at each game and tell me ECU can't go 6-5 or 7-4 easily next year? You don't understand or know the insides of this game if you don't think they can.

Comment

Your optimism. It was a compliment, Bro. Haha. I'm with ya. I have no reason to believe yall cant. I just think some folks on here are gonna roast ya.

Comment

Comment

He's a fullback, and if he did set the record. Mookie Douglas would break it the year after. Mookie is right where Chancey was a year ago as far as career rushing stats.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post

He's a fullback, and if he did set the record. Mookie Douglas would break it the year after. Mookie is right where Chancey was a year ago as far as career rushing stats.

Comment

YOU ARE CLUELESS. He averaged 6.5 yds a carry and a TD against you guys. ECU rushed for more yards than anyone on Harding. Had the second most total yards on Harding as well. Our D couldn't stop anything though. Mookie rushed for 1132 (18 TD) this year and 1097 (8 TD) his freshman year. He will leave the GAC as the leader in every category for RB. Plus 400 receiving yards in 2 years.

Comment

YOU ARE CLUELESS. He averaged 6.5 yds a carry and a TD against you guys. ECU rushed for more yards than anyone on Harding. Had the second most total yards on Harding as well. Our D couldn't stop anything though. Mookie rushed for 1132 (18 TD) this year and 1097 (8 TD) his freshman year. He will leave the GAC as the leader in every category for RB. Plus 400 receiving yards in 2 years.
                  Last edited by Divisiontwo; 11-18-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Well, Regular Season is over. Congrats to the 4 or 5 GAC teams that will be competing in the Post-Season. This was a great year in the conference where most of the conference was competitive and Oklahoma is finally gaining ground on some of the Arkansas Schools.
                    The future of the GAC is going to be good. Obviously, OBU and Harding will continue to be Playoff teams each year.
                    Henderson State has made their way back to competing for a conference title.
                    SAU is the same old SAU. Will always be a 6-5 to 8-3 team. Will never compete for a conference title.
                    OKBU had their best season yet. Terrible defense and a great QB. If the QB comes back they will again win 5-7 games next season.
                    UAM can be good. They can win 7-8 games. The QB is an athlete but has to become a better QB.
                    ARK TECH will get it turned around. Expect them to make some noise in the near future.
                    NWOSU & SWOSU will always be 3-5 win teams. Just don't have IT.
                    SNU is terrible. But the head coach has done a great job winning a couple games a year.
                    SEOSU is in trouble. Watching the ECU game yesterday, they lost their cool, gave up a ton of free yards through penalties, and conservative play-calling cost them the game.
                    Now to ECU. ECU is going to be a handful for teams the next 3 years. They will return 18 starters the next 2 years. They are the youngest team in the country. Offensively, they had the best RB in the conference (for 2 more years.) Kenny Hrncir will be the guy in the conference the next few years. Finished the year with 2500 total yards. He will have his entire WR core back. They return 4 OL and a TE next year. Their entire defense will be back. Yes they struggled this year but will get better as they mature. ECU went 3-8 but lost 4 1 score games. ECU will win 6-8 games next season.
                    Actually this looks to be about my opinion as well. Good job. However I think there is something about Henderson State right now. How will the transition to being in the ASU system affect them long term? My guess is probably not much, but we will wait and see.

Also very curious of ATU's future. Can they recover specifically in Football.

Comment

My man.... Can you not just be happy saying Mookie is one of the best in the conference? Or do you have to put your foot in your mouth. You debate like a guy who's team just won 8 games. I think the world of Mookie, thought he was a great high school player, and probably would not be at ECU if he didn't play at such a terrible HS program.

Comment

So Kris Oliver rushed for 1,204 yards and 19 TDs his freshman year. That's better than Mookie. Then Kris had some foot injuries that slowed him down the next three years, and he is still the GAC career leader.

All that to say, a lot can change year to year. He's a solid back, there have been lots in this conference. He has been held to basically nothing against the starting units of the top teams in the GAC. Let's just slow the roll on being the leader in everything. Work on winning 8 next year first...which won't happen. I can see 6.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

So Kris Oliver rushed for 1,204 yards and 19 TDs his freshman year. That's better than Mookie. Then Kris had some foot injuries that slowed him down the next three years, and he is still the GAC career leader.

All that to say, a lot can change year to year. He's a solid back, there have been lots in this conference. He has been held to basically nothing against the starting units of the top teams in the GAC. Let's just slow the roll on being the leader in everything. Work on winning 8 next year first...which won't happen. I can see 6.

Comment

At this point in the year I'm sure he is somewhat, everybody is. I think it's just more what they have asked him to do has changed. No longer is the change of pace back that comes in after KO would get several carries in a row to soften the defense, he is the guy in there to soften them up. That and I think it's some bad luck. He hasn't had many runs this year when you see a big hole open up. He has had to get very tough yardage. Overall though I think Ouachita has been very happy with how the 3 RB system has worked. All three are very different backs.

TJ Cole is gonna be really fun to watch next year as he gets more carries.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

At this point in the year I'm sure he is somewhat, everybody is. I think it's just more what they have asked him to do has changed. No longer is the change of pace back that comes in after KO would get several carries in a row to soften the defense, he is the guy in there to soften them up. That and I think it's some bad luck. He hasn't had many runs this year when you see a big hole open up. He has had to get very tough yardage. Overall though I think Ouachita has been very happy with how the 3 RB system has worked. All three are very different backs.

TJ Cole is gonna be really fun to watch next year as he gets more carries.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X