Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl Games

I am pretty sure that the Live United Bowl will be between Henderson State & Fort Hays State. Boy that will be a good game. Especially Fort Hays winning their last game 91-7. Looking down the line though I see something interesting. Could SAU & Missouri Western have a rematch in the Heritage Bowl? Probably not, but just a guess.

The key thing is, will SAU see a bowl game this year? Unless it's the Heritage Bowl, I don't see how. Possibly the Heart of Texas Bowl? Pretty sure they won't make it to the Mineral Water bowl.

Excuse my previous post. Just now saw Missouri Western is playing Henderson State in Texarkana. Should be a good game and well attended by Henderson State hopefully. Not too bad of a drive. Now will Fort Hays state get a bowl game?

Comment

And I just got word via the Heart of Texas bowl has been cancelled this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
        Excuse my previous post. Just now saw Missouri Western is playing Henderson State in Texarkana. Should be a good game and well attended by Henderson State hopefully. Not too bad of a drive. Now will Fort Hays state get a bowl game?
        Fort Hays has said they won't accept a bowl invite

Comment

Originally posted by Loper_fan View Post

Fort Hays has said they won't accept a bowl invite
          Wonder, if that means that SAU has a better chance now.

Comment

Just announced: SAU vs Eastern New Mexico in the Heritage Bowl.
            We are the blue and gold....

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
              And I just got word via the Heart of Texas bowl has been cancelled this year.
              Confirmed. Post-season for D2 football is set.

Comment

Originally posted by pathos View Post
                Just announced: SAU vs Eastern New Mexico in the Heritage Bowl.
                Awesome. Congrats SAU and fans.

Comment

Hopefully we can win this one! I think we now have been to more bowl games than any other team in the conference. Better than nothing I suppose. Hopefully it can help with Texas recruiting a little bit.

Comment

I like SAU's odds to win this bowl game. They need to take that next step, and it starts with winning the Heritage Bowl.

Comment

For those that want to see what Eastern NM looks like, you can find their home games here: https://livestream.com/accounts/22644780/events/7740335

Comment

That field goal by SAU to beat OKBU at the end of the game in week 2 ended up being huge. It ended up being the difference between 4th and 5th place, or post-season and no post-season. Congrats to SAU and HSU on their bowl games, and to Ouachita and Harding on their playoff berths. Good luck to all the GAC teams in the post-season.

Comment

Originally posted by johnintx View Post
                          That field goal by SAU to beat OKBU at the end of the game in week 2 ended up being huge. It ended up being the difference between 4th and 5th place, or post-season and no post-season.
                          I can tell you, most of the older posters, incuding myself, thought OKBU would not be the best Oklahoma team. The offense was very good. I expect if that defense improves along with that offense you have, OKBU will get a couple more wins in a season. Good for the Bison on their season.

Comment

Thank you! We're not where we want to be yet, but it was a good year. We're in year 4 in Division II, and year 7 since bringing back football. It's been a long road for our coaches and administration. A bowl game would have been nice, but it just wasn't meant to be. It was still a good year. I'll take 7-4 this year.

We now have 11 straight wins over Oklahoma teams. That's a big deal for our program.

We've made improvements against the Arkansas teams, as well. We had close games against HSU and SAU, and were only blown out by Ouachita and Harding this year.

Our program is on the right track.
                            Last edited by johnintx; 11-20-2019, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Congratulations on a good season to the other Bison(s) in the GAC!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X