Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harding vs Northwest

Hats off to an excellent football team in Harding. What an incredible defense you folks have. We were very fortunate to get out with a 1 point victory. Nothing but respect for your players, coaches and school. Outstanding team.

Also, much respect for going for two and the victory.
    Last edited by BEARCAT; 11-23-2019, 03:30 PM.
    Northwest Missouri State University
    BEARCATS

Thanks Bearcat. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCAT View Post
      Hats off to an excellent football team in Harding. What an incredible defense you folks have. We were very fortunate to get out with a 1 point victory. Nothing but respect for your players, coaches and school. Outstanding team.

Also, much respect for going for two and the victory.
      Tip of the hat*

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

Tip of the hat*
        Not sure that you go for the win, maybe in the regular season, but you go for the tie in post season. anyways good "D" game, Offensive game was a ****t show. Especially for NW.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

Tip of the hat*
          Impressive defense! Harding will go far if that D is back.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Not sure that you go for the win, maybe in the regular season, but you go for the tie in post season. anyways good "D" game, Offensive game was a ****t show. Especially for NW.
            100% disagree. The coach made the right call.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I understand the reasoning but you have a better shot of winning the game under tye O.T. Rules. NW O had not crap for 3 and a half quarters. At what point do you think that BW and Ozzy would wake up? if you win the coin toss (of course all based on the kicker tying the game). you put the NW O back out there to crap themselves again. The Harding D was playing their asses off as well as the NW D. But that last drive was proof in the pudding that they had us. Tie the game and don't leave a chance to 1 play. Give yourself at a minimum to 4 plays. But who cares, Harding gambled, lost and is checking in equipment tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

100% disagree. The coach made the right call.
                    Not buying it Brandon. You don't chance the season to one play. Kick the extra point, get it to O.T and at least give yourself 4 more plays.

Comment

I like the nutsy call. Kudos to Harding.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Not buying it Brandon. You don't chance the season to one play. Kick the extra point, get it to O.T and at least give yourself 4 more plays.
                        Nope. The Harding offense had started to actually gain some yards in chunks. You gain three and you end the game right there. You don't allow the NW defense to regroup or rest. You don't allow the NW offense to have a short field in overtime. You win the game there.

With about 10:00 left in the 4th I told someone from Harding that they were going to score and the game would come down to their two-point attempt.

Northwest was a much more physically talented team than Harding and they had the chance to pull the upset and their coach went for it.

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

The gassed D is EXACTLY why.
                          I didn't see this. Exactly my thinking too.

Comment

Congrats HU...at the start of the their last drive I told my wife we may lose on a last second 2pt conversion just like the HS did last week. Glad I was wrong

Comment

Congrats to NW. Tough physical, well coached defense. Hope they can get their offense in track against LU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X