Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Nope. The Harding offense had started to actually gain some yards in chunks. You gain three and you end the game right there. You don't allow the NW defense to regroup or rest. You don't allow the NW offense to have a short field in overtime. You win the game there.

With about 10:00 left in the 4th I told someone from Harding that they were going to score and the game would come down to their two-point attempt.

Northwest was a much more physically talented team than Harding and they had the chance to pull the upset and their coach went for it.
    Option Teams LIVE for that kind of finish.

Coach Howard(not the current OC) at ENMU was asked why he rarely throws the ball short, his Answer....I have 47 plays that average 3+ yards running the ball, why give another team the opportunity to take it from me.... the ability to WIN the game right there and all you have to do is get 3 yards, there is not an option team in the world worth their salt that would kick it.

A good option team on 3 yards or less is going to go for it on 4th down most times, if Harding has 3 shots at that distance they get in on 2 of them. NWMS made a great play, but I'm willing to bet if Harding's regular QB was in, he would have audibled to a better play as NWMS was loading up to stop the outside toss or option pitch.

What i wouldn't give for ENMU to have Harding's defense....Or NWMS for that matter!
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

i agree & i don't even mind the play call, it just didn't work - that offense is what it is
      they'd dropped back for a couple passes & hadn't been able to so much as get one off idk that that would have been the answer
      i admire they had the nerve to strike at the most opportune time it just didn't work out
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X