Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too early... predictions for next year

Way too early to discuss but hey, let's have a little fun as we watch the playoffs and wait for Spring workouts to begin.

Based on the eyeball test of this past season, graduation losses and known recruits coming in, what is your predicted preseason rankings for the teams in the GAC?
    What "surprises" might we see out of teams next season?
    Who will be in the playoffs and who will be going to bowl games?
    Which team "should" have made the playoffs or a bowl but did not?

Of course, add your conjecture, thoughts, reasons why or why not.

Comment

You going to get your QB back?

Comment

ATU loses only 6 seniors from this season. Could bode well for the Wonder Boys if they can manage to carry over some of the late season success plus a good recruiting class.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post

You going to get your QB back?
          Both of our QBs, Paden and Wilcke, are juniors. As long as Paden is healthy he will be back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post

Both of our QBs, Paden and Wilcke, are juniors. As long as Paden is healthy he will be back next year.
            That's the one I was asking about.

Comment

Here is what the preseason rankings will be. (GAC only goes off of last years result which is stupid)
              1. OUACHITA
              2. HARDING
              3. HSU
              4. SAU
              5. OKBU
              6. UAM
              7. NWOSU
              8. ATU
              9. ECU
              10. SWOSU
              11. SNU
              12. SEOSU

Here is the REAL preseason rankings.
              1. HARDING PO team
              2. HSU PO team
              3. OBU Bowl
              4. OKBU Bowl
              5. UAM
              6. ECU Will be the biggest surprise. Could be as high as 3 or 4. I see them going 6-5 to 8-3.
              7. SAU
              8. ATU
              9. NWOSU
              10. SWOSU
              11. SEOSU
              12. SNU

Harding will be the team to beat. Ouachita will be down compared to the last 3 years. HSU will be good and could win it. OKBU will be solid again IF the QB is back. UAM will be solid but never better than 7-4/6-5. SAU will be slightly above average. ATU will be slightly better. NWOSU and SWOSU will be what they always are. SEOSU better and SNU bad.

ECU returns 19 starters. They will be a good football team if they figure it out on defense. They could win the Oklahoma games and beat UAM, ATU, and SAU. Im sure they will let 1 or 2 slip so they could 6-5, but i really believe they win 7.
              Someone really look at the ECU football team coming back and tell me how they cant win 6 or 7.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post
                Here is what the preseason rankings will be. (GAC only goes off of last years result which is stupid)
                1. OUACHITA
                2. HARDING
                3. HSU
                4. SAU
                5. OKBU
                6. UAM
                7. NWOSU
                8. ATU
                9. ECU
                10. SWOSU
                11. SNU
                12. SEOSU

1. HARDING PO team
                2. HSU PO team
                3. OBU Bowl
                4. OKBU Bowl
                5. UAM
                6. ECU Will be the biggest surprise. Could be as high as 3 or 4. I see them going 6-5 to 8-3.
                7. SAU
                8. ATU
                9. NWOSU
                10. SWOSU
                11. SEOSU
                12. SNU

Harding will be the team to beat. Ouachita will be down compared to the last 3 years. HSU will be good and could win it. OKBU will be solid again IF the QB is back. UAM will be solid but never better than 7-4/6-5. SAU will be slightly above average. ATU will be slightly better. NWOSU and SWOSU will be what they always are. SEOSU better and SNU bad.

ECU returns 19 starters. They will be a good football team if they figure it out on defense. They could win the Oklahoma games and beat UAM, ATU, and SAU. Im sure they will let 1 or 2 slip so they could 6-5, but i really believe they win 7.
                Someone really look at the ECU football team coming back and tell me how they cant win 6 or 7.
                Mainly because I don't put that much stock in returning starters. It's so difficult to gauge. A starter for one team might not even be as good as the backup on another team. Yes, experience and yada, yada, but ultimately if that starter isn't very good it doesn't matter if he is returning or not.

For Henderson it will depend on the QB. They have to replace him, lots will ride on that.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Mainly because I don't put that much stock in returning starters. It's so difficult to gauge. A starter for one team might not even be as good as the backup on another team. Yes, experience and yada, yada, but ultimately if that starter isn't very good it doesn't matter if he is returning or not.

For Henderson it will depend on the QB. They have to replace him, lots will ride on that.

Comment

1. OUACHITA
                    2. HARDING
                    3. HSU
                    4. SAU
                    5. OKBU
                    6. UAM
                    7. NWOSU
                    8. ATU
                    9. ECU
                    10. SWOSU
                    11. SNU
                    12. SEOSU

1. HARDING PO team
                    2. HSU PO team
                    3. OBU Bowl
                    4. OKBU Bowl
                    5. UAM
                    7. SAU
                    8. ATU
                    9. NWOSU
                    10. SWOSU
                    11. SEOSU
                    12. SNU

How would SAU fall to 7? I think you guys may be on the same level as ATU next year as well.

Comment

1. OUACHITA
                      2. HARDING
                      3. HSU
                      4. SAU
                      5. OKBU
                      6. UAM
                      7. NWOSU
                      8. ATU
                      9. ECU
                      10. SWOSU
                      11. SNU
                      12. SEOSU

1. HARDING PO team
                      2. HSU PO team
                      3. OBU Bowl
                      4. OKBU Bowl
                      5. UAM
                      7. SAU
                      8. ATU
                      9. NWOSU
                      10. SWOSU
                      11. SEOSU
                      12. SNU

Well, considering you finished 12 out of 12 in TOTAL and SCORING Defense in 2019, I'd say you have a LONG way to go to get to a winning record.

Comment

I keep wanting to predict that an Oklahoma team wins the conference, but I can't get through it with a straight face...

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

How would SAU fall to 7? I think you guys may be on the same level as ATU next year as well.
                          Well you lose most of your defense. Your offense was good but you don't have the QB to be great. ECU had you beat for 50+ minutes but they couldn't close it out. ECU has beat ATU both years of the Al Johnson ERA. The youth of ECU is no longer an excuse. ECU's offense is a top 4 offense in the conference. IF the defense can help at all next year, they win the close games they lost this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X