Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I don't feel the need to argue at all....just sharing my thoughts and feelings....and those are always based upon what gets us the best playoff participants and what gives us the most fun.

You may be right about the GAC commissioner. I never doubted that you might be. The MIAA commissioner sees it differently and wants non-conference games. Not to speak for him, but I'm sure he believes he has teams getting left out because of undeserving teams from the GLVC or GAC.

It's also time for everyone to consider that the way the criteria was applied in SR3 was done according to the criteria. The 2-2-2-1 model that was used will likely no longer be used.

So yes, if the GAC commissioner thinks the conference would have a collective sub-.500 SOS then he will most likely want to stay in the current scheduling model. If he believes that the conference would be above .500 collectively, then he would probably advocate for staying in the inbred schedule. It's loss insurance.

Did the MIAA really get all its top teams in the playoffs? It could easily be argued that Fort Hays and Missouri Western could have beaten Ouachita Baptist, Indianapolis, and Lindenwood,

I will post more later.

Comment

_AVO_Where did I misread your statement concerning your support for silo scheduling? What I read, yes you like the idea of non-conference games, but you also state support for staying with the silo schedule.

Originally posted by _AVO_ View Post
      But they won it on the field, and were outright champs, so you can't badmouth them on here.
      Last edited by Armo Wood; 12-15-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _AVO_ View Post
        I'll be blunt. Neither the GAC or the MIAA would want to schedule non conference games as long as they are getting their best teams in the playoffs.
        It would be fun for us fans to see other teams if they played, but I like the model of every team in a conference playing each other.
        I do not like the 'SEC' model where you play in a division. This way you get a true gauge of who is the best team in a conference.

Now if the NCAA punished the MIAA and/or the GAC for not having nonconference games, that would be a different story... but whereas the two conferences routinely get 2 playoff teams in per year, I do not see it benefiting the Commissioners.

agree 100 percent

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          Did the MIAA really get all its top teams in the playoffs? It could easily be argued that Fort Hays and Missouri Western could have beaten Ouachita Baptist, Indianapolis, and Lindenwood.
          It could be argued that Fort Hays and MoWest - heck, pretty much anyone in the MIAA not named Missouri Southern or Northeastern State - have a lot of experience in beating Lindenwood before LU left for the GLVC. :smile-big:
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

I don't think the GAC will ever go to formal divisions, but you could do something along the lines of the AR teams all playing one another every year and the OK teams all playing one another every year. Then you could have four "crossover" games, leaving room for 2 non-conference games. I use to support the idea of a 2-game scheduling alliance with the MIAA, but I would be all for a 1-game scheduling alliance with the MIAA and then leave the other open spot to try and get non-conference games with either GLVC, GSC, or LSC teams.
            I guess to me, I just want to see some variety in teams that the GAC plays. I would love to see a Henderson vs Kingsville (See what I did there?) Or a Harding vs Texas A&M Commerce. Or an SAU vs West Texas A&M.

Comment

An undefeated GAC team losing to Lindenwood in the 1st round was a bad look for the conference. There were a lot of folks that believe Lindenwood would of been at best a bowl team in the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
                An undefeated GAC team losing to Lindenwood in the 1st round was a bad look for the conference. There were a lot of folks that believe Lindenwood would of been at best a bowl team in the MIAA.
                In true OBU fashion they **** the bed when it really mattered. Not that I wanted them to win, but that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post

In true OBU fashion they **** the bed when it really mattered. Not that I wanted them to win, but that was bad.
                  I think Harding, OBU, SAU & Henderson all dropped the ball this year's postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

I think Harding, OBU, SAU & Henderson all dropped the ball this year's postseason.
                    You think Harding dropped the ball? They lost on a failed 2 point play after getting the worst first round game of all the teams. They for sure didn't drop the ball and continued to gain respect here.
                    OBU had a terrible loss at home to a Lindenwood team that had no business there
                    Henderson got run by a legit playoff team and SAU got beat convincingly

The only team in this conference who belongs in the playoff's right now is HU and thats proven. Rest of the conference hasn't held their weight.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonDOc View Post

You think Harding dropped the ball? They lost on a failed 2 point play after getting the worst first round game of all the teams. They for sure didn't drop the ball and continued to gain respect here.
                      OBU had a terrible loss at home to a Lindenwood team that had no business there
                      Henderson got run by a legit playoff team and SAU got beat convincingly

The only team in this conference who belongs in the playoff's right now is HU and thats proven. Rest of the conference hasn't held their weight.
                      Don't think you saw all of those games man. Regardless a Loss is a loss. Tough luck.

Comment

Apparently the MIAA is voting this month on having non-conference games. If it passes, and they end the silo scheduling, I wonder how much it would influence the GAC scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                          Apparently the MIAA is voting this month on having non-conference games. If it passes, and they end the silo scheduling, I wonder how much it would influence the GAC scheduling.
                          I would think it would have some influence.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X