Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dogs are a mystery. Established programs that are at or near the top every year will have a distinct advantage this year due to Covid-19. They have sound established systems and do not need to adjust or add much new material. Once practice resumes they can pick right up where they left off. If we have a season at all it will likely be shortened and this is a huge advantage for these programs.

Comment

Originally posted by SWOSU Bill View Post
      My Dogs are a mystery. Established programs that are at or near the top every year will have a distinct advantage this year due to Covid-19. They have sound established systems and do not need to adjust or add much new material. Once practice resumes they can pick right up where they left off. If we have a season at all it will likely be shortened and this is a huge advantage for these programs.
      Like everywhere, it was eerily quiet in Weatherford, Oklahoma, this past Sunday. I am concerned for the future of most of our small businesses and many of our colleges and universities. If it is true that Covid-19 will be with us for another two years as some suggest, then we will have a hard surviving the resultant depression.

Comment

If we even get to play, it's going to be Ouachita or Harding taking it all again, with Henderson making some noise. Business as usual really.

Comment

Rumor mill has the GAC seriously considering moving Football to the Spring. I think this is probably good forward thinking.

Comment

We'll know in a couple of weeks... Fall, Spring, or no season...

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
              Rumor mill has the GAC seriously considering moving Football to the Spring. I think this is probably good forward thinking.
              What about basketball, baseball, and softball? It's going to be hard to work around all of their schedules.

Comment

One of the main reasons your seeing the conference only schedules is so now conferences have the option of moving to a spring schedule. The GAC already has a solo schedule which allows for flexibility on moving start dates and games back and ultimately playing in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
                  One of the main reasons your seeing the conference only schedules is so now conferences have the option of moving to a spring schedule. The GAC already has a solo schedule which allows for flexibility on moving start dates and games back and ultimately playing in the spring.
                  Correct, but it's going to overwhelm athletic resources for the spring I would think. So usually athletes run the concession stands, ticket takers, etc at SAU during their offseason. If there is no off season, it's going to be a lot tougher on that. I don't see the University having the money to pay students to do it, unless athletes will just have to miss out on their student jobs. In that case it would probably work. I would think you are going to see lower attendance overall spread out among sports. Fans only have so much time to go to ball games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X