Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing new Tech AD

MIKE LEEDER IS HIRED AS DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS

He comes to ATU from Georgia Southwestern State where he held the same position since 2014. GSW is a member of the Peach Belt Conference.

Interesting hire. No football at Georgia Southwestern State, But he was a Basketball coach. Hope the best for ATU!

Comment

He's out!

https://arkansastechsports.com/news/...athletics.aspx

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LeeroyJenkins View Post
          Makes me curious on what may be below the surface. I know facilities are very nice. As well as a good basis for the program to succeed. If a school like Southern Arkansas University can have a great program, no reason ATU can't. Wonder if this is related to Covid-19?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

Makes me curious on what may be below the surface. I know facilities are very nice. As well as a good basis for the program to succeed. If a school like Southern Arkansas University can have a great program, no reason ATU can't. Wonder if this is related to Covid-19?
            Looks like he used the ATU job to get a better deal at GSW. The Covid thing probably is why it took a month to happen... Just another head scratching moment in the last 18 months at ATU...

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post

Looks like he used the ATU job to get a better deal at GSW. The Covid thing probably is why it took a month to happen... Just another head scratching moment in the last 18 months at ATU...
              Any names floating around anyone knows about? I would think this could be a Top 3 job in the GAC.

Comment

Any names floating around anyone knows about? I would think this could be a Top 3 job in the GAC.
                Nothing yet. But who had heard about Leeder before? The AD position right now still belongs to Abby Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post

Nothing yet. But who had heard about Leeder before? The AD position right now still belongs to Abby Davis.
                  Gotcha, she looks like she has done a decent job as an intern. Do you think they would offer her the job?

Comment

Gotcha, she looks like she has done a decent job as an intern. Do you think they would offer her the job?

Comment

Not a new AD again, but we have now hired a Director of Athletic Communications to replace Paul Smith. Daniel Gallegos comes to Tech after 2 years at New Mexico. He was previously at SAU and HSU. Any 'Riders or Reddies know him?

GALLEGOS HIRED AS ATU DIRECTOR OF ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                        Not a new AD again, but we have now hired a Director of Athletic Communications to replace Paul Smith. Daniel Gallegos comes to Tech after 2 years at New Mexico. He was previously at SAU and HSU. Any 'Riders or Reddies know him?

GALLEGOS HIRED AS ATU DIRECTOR OF ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS
                        Dude, you guys got the best in the business. Daniel is awesome! He is an outstanding family man and a very dedicated worker. I was a student worker under him at one time. You will probably see his family at a good amount of the games. He will hit the ground running Day 1. Excited to see him back in Arkansas!

Comment

I remember he was so dedicated to his job that the one year sau softball travelled for regionals/super regionals, he went so we would hear a home town voice calling the action for us! Think that was the year we went to Augustana!

Comment

It took 3 full (school) years but we now have a new AD. The interim tag has been dropped from one of Abby Davis' titles. She becomes our first female Athletics Director. A new Senior Woman Administrator will be named soon. A search for a new Golden Suns Tennis coach also begins. This is in addition to the search for new golf coach(es), Luke Calcatera coached both teams this past season and is now gone to North Alabama.

https://arkansastechsports.com/news/...athletics.aspx

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X