Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    I know Langston aborted a move to D2 about 15 years ago. I've never been able to find any source that discusses that decision. They were going to be in the SIAC, in which they'd of course have been quite the geographical outlier.
    Most HBC probably have some kind of financial issues. Just because often times the Endowment is not as large either. Also, it doesn't look like their basketball team wouldnt have a smooth transaction.

Comment

Another interesting bit is that Lincoln (MO) accepted a SIAC invitation at the same time, but didn't follow through either. At the time, they were in the Heartland Conference with football independent.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
        Another interesting bit is that Lincoln (MO) accepted a SIAC invitation at the same time, but didn't follow through either. At the time, they were in the Heartland Conference with football independent.
        Looks like Lincoln is currently getting killed in the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

Looks like Lincoln is currently getting killed in the MIAA.
          Yeah the people on the MIAA board are constantly saying that Lincoln should switch conferences/drop football. I actually wonder if some FCS schools may drop down, if the Louisiana schools cannot get their act together may they try to join D2 and would they be options for the GSC, LSC, or GAC?
          Go Bronchos!

Comment

Langston just closed down all fall sports for 2020

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
              Langston just closed down all fall sports for 2020
              Does NAIA make much money for football? I saw Langston had a money game last year against UA-Pine Bluff, if it's possible for Pine Bluff to give money to those coming to play.

Comment

Just to hear your responses, tell me why a school should join the GAC?

Comment

Well I think a team like SBU, Lincoln, Langston, or even a few non-FB could benefit from a centrally located league with pretty solid Olympic Sports and SNU is getting better in basketball.

I know you like to justify your school's move to NAIA and as small as it is it might make sense. But the other state schools are not following suit. They are simply too big for it in its current incarnation.

Besides how are those regular trips to Ottawa Arizona and SAGU working out? (Especially when they fold.)
                  Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                    Well I think a team like SBU, Lincoln, Langston, or even a few non-FB could benefit from a centrally located league with pretty solid Olympic Sports and SNU is getting better in basketball.

I know you like to justify your school's move to NAIA and as small as it is it might make sense. But the other state schools are not following suit. They are simply too big for it in its current incarnation.

Besides how are those regular trips to Ottawa Arizona and SAGU working out? (Especially when they fold.)
                    I posted this because I like discussion and GAC posters generally provide good, insightful information.

Hopefully a college 8-man league will be formed so UCO can win a few games. Not doing so well in the MIAA.

Comment

UCO has had several winning seasons and has beaten every MIAA opponent at least once.

I would really like to see what GAC posters say too I only wish more Okies were on here.

But I'll indulge you any GAC schools want to drop to NAIA???

Queue the Jurassic Park meme...
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                        UCO has had several winning seasons and has beaten every MIAA opponent at least once.

I would really like to see what GAC posters say too I only wish more Okies were on here.

But I'll indulge you any GAC schools want to drop to NAIA???

Queue the Jurassic Park meme...
                        You guys have had a little uptick the last several years in football. That's good to see. But then, Garber High School hasn't come to town, yet.

One would think with your enrollment you would move up a classification. Skeered?

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
                          Just to hear your responses, tell me why a school should join the GAC?
                          Personally, I would rather all of the D2 Oklahoma schools to form a conference. That would allow for non-con games against the LSC/MIAA, and it ultimately would help the Oklahoma schools IMO. But as it is right now, I don't think the Oklahoma schools are benefiting that much from either the GAC or MIAA. Just look at the disaster that is Northeastern State. UCO is doing rather well for themselves in the MIAA, but with an enrollment of 17,000, you would think their football program would be much better. At least they are finally sinking money into the program. Hopefully the Oklahoma schools get more competitive in the GAC, but as it is, I don't see that happening for a few more years at least.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

Personally, I would rather all of the D2 Oklahoma schools to form a conference. That would allow for non-con games against the LSC/MIAA, and it ultimately would help the Oklahoma schools IMO. But as it is right now, I don't think the Oklahoma schools are benefiting that much from either the GAC or MIAA. Just look at the disaster that is Northeastern State. UCO is doing rather well for themselves in the MIAA, but with an enrollment of 17,000, you would think their football program would be much better. At least they are finally sinking money into the program. Hopefully the Oklahoma schools get more competitive in the GAC, but as it is, I don't see that happening for a few more years at least.
                            I think a big part of it is recruiting. Some of the Oklahoma schools just haven't had as much talent maybe? I think the backbone is there, you just need the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

I think a big part of it is recruiting. Some of the Oklahoma schools just haven't had as much talent maybe? I think the backbone is there, you just need the players.
                              I think the recruiting is a very valid point. I know for a fact that SWOSU's women's basketball team had the same recruiting budget the football team did the years I played there (2015-2019). So idk how the Arkansas school's athletic departments budget their recruiting, but I would imagine that their football teams get more than women's basketball lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                                I think the recruiting is a very valid point. I know for a fact that SWOSU's women's basketball team had the same recruiting budget the football team did the years I played there (2015-2019). So idk how the Arkansas school's athletic departments budget their recruiting, but I would imagine that their football teams get more than women's basketball lmao.
                                I will say not sure what Arkansas Schools do, but SAU really hits Texas & Louisiana hard. It seems like all of our best players have come out of Texas in some way. Either JC or High School. After talking to a good amount of coaches about Arkansas players, they had this to say... We try to take what we can get and who is interested in Arkansas, but we have to fight other GAC schools for the same players. It sounds like most of the time as well the players we get in Arkansas are below Little Rock.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X