Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the worst ranking I have seen. SWOSU at #2 (I get you played there) is crazy. SNU should be nowhere but 11 or 12. ECU's updates have made it a top 6 stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post

Probably the worst ranking I have seen. SWOSU at #2 (I get you played there) is crazy. SNU should be nowhere but 11 or 12. ECU's updates have made it a top 6 stadium.
      Can you elaborate on the upgrades ECU has made?

Comment

This was based on what I felt playing at each place. And if ECU has made upgrades from last fall, then I would love to see them. The stadium looks and feels like an old prison, and the turf feels like concrete. ECU was better than OKBU and Monticello, but wasn't a better place to play than SNU. and definitely not a better place to play than half the conference. If I didn't play at SWOSU, I would have put them at 5.

Comment

New Jumbotron that's massive is the main one. The plaza (ticket, entrance, and concession stand that was built a few years back) is beautiful. The fence railings on the away side are covered now with a mesh cover with ECU FOOTBALL on it. Just small cosmetic things around the stadium help it look a lot better. Bandaids I guess you can call it. They need to tear down the home stands and build a new one though.

Comment

New Jumbotron that's massive is the main one. The plaza (ticket, entrance, and concession stand that was built a few years back) is beautiful. The fence railings on the away side are covered now with a mesh cover with ECU FOOTBALL on it. Just small cosmetic things around the stadium help it look a lot better. Bandaids I guess you can call it. They need to tear down the home stands and build a new one though.
            I think once they do that I could see them being Top 6.

Comment

From an outsider view point will Reno Ines I have watched a game at.

1 nwosu. Nothing better than watching a game from hillside parking so u never leave tailgate.
              2 atu . The atmosphere is great
              3. Hsu .great bowl good site lines parking is an adventure watched obu game at same time
              4 obu before remodel not as good
              5 uam .Older but it's just a beautiful campus in middle of a forest .6 se ok. Stadium is not as good as others I was disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                From an outsider view point will Reno Ines I have watched a game at.

1 nwosu. Nothing better than watching a game from hillside parking so u never leave tailgate.
                2 atu . The atmosphere is great
                3. Hsu .great bowl good site lines parking is an adventure watched obu game at same time
                4 obu before remodel not as good
                5 uam .Older but it's just a beautiful campus in middle of a forest .6 se ok. Stadium is not as good as others I was disappointed
                Yes, OBU and Henderson need to work something out where they only play at the same time when they play each other. They need to alternate weeks for parking purposes.

Comment

ECU's turf is not "really hard". Its only 6 years old and in pretty good condition still I think. However, the stadium does not look good. Ha. The atmosphere is always pretty good though I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post

ECU's turf is not "really hard". Its only 6 years old and in pretty good condition still I think. However, the stadium does not look good. Ha. The atmosphere is always pretty good though I think.
                    I literally played on it last year. It's the hardest turf I've ever played on. It's fun cause it's a fast turf, but it doesn't feel good to land on. The atmosphere was pretty decent when we played there. Just my personal opinion based off of the full experience as a player. If we are going only on stadiums, the list would change quite a bit. But I just ranked the whole experience. Seem to have triggered the ECU fanbase. Good luck this Saturday! We always have a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I literally played on it last year. It's the hardest turf I've ever played on. It's fun cause it's a fast turf, but it doesn't feel good to land on. The atmosphere was pretty decent when we played there. Just my personal opinion based off of the full experience as a player. If we are going only on stadiums, the list would change quite a bit. But I just ranked the whole experience. Seem to have triggered the ECU fanbase. Good luck this Saturday! We always have a close game.
                      So this causes me to ask the question. Who has the best playing surface in the GAC flat out? SAU's old surface was pretty hard. The new one is better. OBU's looks nice, but not sure how it plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

So this causes me to ask the question. Who has the best playing surface in the GAC flat out? SAU's old surface was pretty hard. The new one is better. OBU's looks nice, but not sure how it plays.
                        That's a tough one. SAU's is pretty nice. I did like the actual turf. I wish that I had gotten to play at OBU when it wasn't torn up and muddy. Their grass is super nice. But I think it would honestly come down to personal preference. I can tell you without a doubt that OKBU and Monticello have the worst playing surfaces though. The best for me personally would be between ATU, SAU, and NWOSU.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

Not triggered. I actually agreed with your assessment of the old dirty stadium. However, first time I ever heard an LB say something like "it doesn't feel good to land on".

Good luck this Saturday. We'll probably lose, but hopefully it's a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post

Not triggered. I actually agreed with your assessment of the old dirty stadium. However, first time I ever heard an LB say something like "it doesn't feel good to land on".

Good luck this Saturday. We'll probably lose, but hopefully it's a good one!
                            You definitely aren't a TRUE tiger... It's funny that ECU is better this year, beat SWOSU last year, destroyed NWOSU in the first game (minus turnovers that ECU can easily fix), and yet you think they will lose... Get Out of Here!

Comment

You definitely aren't a TRUE tiger... It's funny that ECU is better this year, beat SWOSU last year, destroyed NWOSU in the first game (minus turnovers that ECU can easily fix), and yet you think they will lose... Get Out of Here!
                              I'm not a TRUE Tiger because I stated "we will probably lose" on the message board. I didn't realize you were the one printing those "TRUE Tiger" cards the other alumni had. I guess I wont be getting one in the mail. Darn.

Nonetheless, you don't know me, guy. You don't know my involvement with the school or team. I'm just being realistic. I picked us to win in the Pick em. I've done nothing but praise ECU in the midst of the NWOSU loss. I think it will be a great game Saturday, and I think it's a game we could win! That's why I'm making the drive.

Just relax, pal. It will all be ok.
                              Last edited by TigerGuy; 09-12-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X