Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAC Return to Play

The modified master schedule for 2020-21 basketball, w soccer, and volleyball.

Basketball plays 4 times vs in-state only, volleyball plays 2 times vs in-state only, and w soccer plays a normal single round-robin.

Also the full master schedules for the 2021 and 2022 seasons in baseball, softball, and football.

2021 SPRING SCHEDULES (PDF)

20 basketball games against in-state opponents. Under the financial constraints and Covid circumstances, that's fine. I hope they get to play them all. I didn't see anything about a conference tournament. I guess that is contingent on NCAA post-season plans.

I presume there will be no spring football games. I know OBU had a fall intrasquad game which doubled as a senior night. It doesn't sound like there will be spring football unless D-II decides to have a national championship playoff in the spring.

Here's hoping they can have football in the fall.

Comment

From the main article on Tech's site:

Other Notes
      The conference office also released a fall 2021 football schedule that kicks off a full 11-game round-robin on Thursday, September 2.

Southwestern Oklahoma State hosts the GAC Cross Country Championships on Saturday, February 27. Formats and dates for the championships for basketball and volleyball will be determined at a later date.

Members will play spring sports schedules as previously approved by the conference's Council of Athletic Administrators and Council of Presidents.

GAC ANNOUNCES HOOPS AND VOLLEYBALL SCHEDULES

Comment

Comment

Really hate no there will be no Spring Football. Also, I really wish the GAC would look at reconsidering and scheduling some local non-conference games for basketball. This really hurts us when it comes to the post season it seems like.

Comment

I don't really understand how or why we can play basketball now, when the virus is worse, than playing football a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
              I don't really understand how or why we can play basketball now, when the virus is worse, than playing football a few months ago.
              Your right! We should have been playing football!

Comment

https://greatamericanconference.com/...protocols.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X