Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNU vs. MSSU 3/18/21

Seeing as I live 10 minutes away from SNU, I stopped by the Southern Nazarene vs. Missouri Southern State game yesterday afternoon. It was really nice to watch some football again. With that being said, I applaud SNU for playing these schools in actual games. It felt just like a Saturday afternoon in the fall, and the game experience is really going to help these schools.

The final score was MSSU: 21 SNU: 20
    SNU scored a TD with 30 seconds left, but didn't get the two point conversion.

My takeaways from the game as a completely unbiased observer:
    1. SNU lacks size/athleticism once again. MSSU was a much bigger and more athletic football team.
    2. Despite that, SNU was the better football team. A fumble, and a muffed punt, both inside their own 10 yard line is what contributed to 14 of MSSU's points. I couldn't tell if I was impressed by SNU's defense, or if MSSU just has a terrible offense. I'm going with the latter.
    3. SNU will live and die by their QB Gage Porter. Kid's a gamer, but tries to make too many things happen by himself. Their entire passing offense consists of him running for his life, and then throwing it up to one of their tall WR/TE's.
    4. SNU seems to be well coached, and they don't quit. There were a couple times they could have laid down, but they kept fighting the whole game. They will be hard pressed to line up and beat teams man to man, but I have a feeling that they will squeak a couple more wins than most people will expect them to in the fall.

I know my Bulldogs are headed up to Fort Hays State tomorrow, and I'm hoping they live stream the scrimmage for me to watch. I've missed watching my Dawgs play some ball!

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X