Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Conference Football Games

We need this to become a reality, for the fans and SOS sake. Maybe one game a year with the MIAA and one game with the GSC?

That would be awesome.

Comment

How many leagues play a silo schedule?

gac
      northern sun
      miaa?

Comment

Yes, just those three. Is the MEC considering it or was it only talk on this message board?

I would be happy with one non-con game but I don't want it tied to another conference. The GAC can rotate a school off the schedule for one year, including the rival game, keeping 5 home/5 road games each season. Two conferences in SR3 always have teams looking to fill openings and of course they count in the regional record. All the Texas, Mississippi (for AR), Tennessee (for AR), Colorado (for OK), and New Mexico (for OK) schools are in-region so there are plenty of options for non-con games that count in the regional record.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
          Yes, just those three. Is the MEC considering it or was it only talk on this message board?

I would be happy with one non-con game but I don't want it tied to another conference. The GAC can rotate a school off the schedule for one year, including the rival game, keeping 5 home/5 road games each season. Two conferences in SR3 always have teams looking to fill openings and of course they count in the regional record. All the Texas, Mississippi (for AR), Tennessee (for AR), Colorado (for OK), and New Mexico (for OK) schools are in-region so there are plenty of options for non-con games that count in the regional record.
          I believe CO and NM are in-region for all Arkansas teams because UAFS shares a region with CO and NM teams in most sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I believe CO and NM are in-region for all Arkansas teams because UAFS shares a region with CO and NM teams in most sports.
            But UAFS is non-fb. Is that in-region list applicable since football has a unique regional alignment? Same for the other sports with unique regional alignments; men's lacrosse, men's soccer, wrestling, field hockey, women's golf, women's lacrosse, and rowing.

Comment

But UAFS is non-fb. Is that in-region list applicable since football has a unique regional alignment? Same for the other sports with unique regional alignments; men's lacrosse, men's soccer, wrestling, field hockey, women's golf, women's lacrosse, and rowing.
              If you look at the regionalization model explanation, whenever 2 states have schools in the same region for basketball, schools in those 2 states are considered regional opponents in all sports.

Comment

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ateListing.pdf

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...Principles.pdf

These are the guidelines you are talking about. I agree that Arkansas Tech and Colorado Mesa is in-region for basketball because of UAFS but it's been my interpretation that it was not applicable in the sports with a unique regional alignment. Looking at the West Region in the state-by-state listing, MN and TX are not listed as in-region even though the GNAC (West), LSC (South Central), and NSIC (Central) are all in football's SR4.

Comment

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ateListing.pdf

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...Principles.pdf

These are the guidelines you are talking about. I agree that Arkansas Tech and Colorado Mesa is in-region for basketball because of UAFS but it's been my interpretation that it was not applicable in the sports with a unique regional alignment. Looking at the West Region in the state-by-state listing, MN and TX are not listed as in-region even though the GNAC (West), LSC (South Central), and NSIC (Central) are all in football's SR4.
                  I think that the all-sports rule applies when the teams aren't in the same SR, and I believe I've tested that theory against the NCAA PDFs. It seems like in 2019 someone on the boards was wondering why GVSU wasn't in-region for a PSAC team when Hillsdale is in SR1, and that would seem to be consistent with what I'd expect.

Comment

I think that the all-sports rule applies when the teams aren't in the same SR, and I believe I've tested that theory against the NCAA PDFs. It seems like in 2019 someone on the boards was wondering why GVSU wasn't in-region for a PSAC team when Hillsdale is in SR1, and that would seem to be consistent with what I'd expect.
                    I wouldn't expect GVSU to be in-region for the PSAC in any sport except women's golf where they are both in the East Region. I see the state-by-state list does not include PA as in-region for Michigan schools. I think we're almost on the same page, I'm just not clear on how the state-by-state list applies to the sport-specific region alignments. This same confusion was discussed on the Lacrosse board on how a PSAC school was in-region for one southern school but not the other in the same state. Just a note: Davenport is in the South Region in men's lacrosse because it is a GLVC affiliate and that is the region where the GLVC is placed.

Comment

If you look at the regionalization model explanation, whenever 2 states have schools in the same region for basketball, schools in those 2 states are considered regional opponents in all sports.
                      I think for SAU it's a combination of Mississippi College / Central Missouri / Delta State / Union / Rogers State as of lately. I have a feeling they would be willing to play more east Texas Schools as well. We always kill in recruiting in East Texas. College is so much cheaper in Arkansas.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X