Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I was keeping an eye on the SAU - NWOSU game as well. SAU looks good this year. I'm glad y'all put a beating on those ugly Rangers lmao. But yeah, If our front 7 don't figure out how to stop the run somehow this week, you guys might run for 300 on us lol. The good ol' SAU power run game has never been easy to stop though. Hopefully our offense can put some points up to make it competitive.
    Stats from NWOSU game: Southern Arkansas (1-0, 1-0 GAC) tallied over 450+ yards of total offense on the evening as the unit averaged over six yards per play behind a balanced attack of 255 yards passing and 198 yards on the ground. Defensively, the Muleriders tallied eight sacks to tie the single-game program record which last occurred in 2017 vs. Southwestern Oklahoma. Additionally, SAU limited the Rangers to just 68 yards on 30 rushing attempts.

Comment

Senior quarterback Hayden Mallory accounted for all of the team's passing yards in a 20-for-30 showing with three touchdowns; two of which went to redshirt junior Micah Small who hauled in a team-leading six catches for 82 yards and two scores. Sophomore Dekendrick Bender led SAU with 91 receiving yards on four catches with a touchdown.

On the ground it was redshirt freshman Jariq Scaleswho, in his collegiate debut, led all rushers with 173 yards on a hefty 32 carries with a touchdown which came early on in the second quarter that capped an eight-play, 69-yard drive by the Muleriders; the first of the McCarty Era which gave Southern Arkansas a 12-3 lead.

Comment

We are the blue and gold....

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post

I can't wait. It will be a great game and a great season. If the tigers play anything like they did against Tarleton, they will win. Keep that same energy all season! Got a feeling OBU is going to get upset a few times this year.

Comment

The Harding video isn't working, but just looked at the stats, and ooooof. Everything that can go wrong for ECU has gone wrong lmao

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

The Harding video isn't working, but just looked at the stats, and ooooof. Everything that can go wrong for ECU has gone wrong lmao

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yeah... Not my 1st time to experience playing, watching, or coaching against Harding or the flexbone for that matter. To your point on practice/game speed, it's impossible to give a proper scout look of Harding when they are that good at that offense. That's an interesting point that you bring up, but it doesn't really mean anything here. I think our defense played decently despite the non-existent offense because of Harding's defense.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post

Yeah... Not my 1st time to experience playing, watching, or coaching against Harding or the flexbone for that matter. To your point on practice/game speed, it's impossible to give a proper scout look of Harding when they are that good at that offense. That's an interesting point that you bring up, but it doesn't really mean anything here. I think our defense played decently despite the non-existent offense because of Harding's defense.
                            I thought they did too. HU put the ball on the ground a few times for them but I thought ecu played fairly well on that side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

I thought they did too. HU put the ball on the ground a few times for them but I thought ecu played fairly well on that side of the ball.
                              Thats why I said in my original response that even if our offense could put a drive together after a take away, then maybe our defense could rest more and maybe the game looks different. Hard to keep at it when you already played like 10 plays, get a take away, then your offense turns it over the next play.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X