Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First impressions of your team this fall?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First impressions of your team this fall?

For those of you who have seen anything in person, or on tape of your team in camp so far, what do you think?

It's still early in camp, but I watched part of the SWOSU practice on Monday when I had to swing through Weatherford, and I liked what I saw.

The SWOSU offense will have some really nice weapons, but its all going to come down to the consistency of QB play as always. Looks like they have gotten some quality transfers in over the past year. There is a QB battle going on between sophomore transfer Tanner Griffith out of NEO, and Senior transfer Jalil Kilpatrick out of Indiana State. Both guys are talented, but it looks like Tanner Griffith is leading the way so far.
    Junior WR transfer Torin Justice out of Abilene Christian is a big, athletic WR, and should be the WR1 this year. Justin Bailey and Kellan Smith both looked good as well.
    The RB spot looked pretty up for grabs, and I wouldn't be surprised if they went for a RB by committee as we have done in the past.

If the Dawgs can get consistent QB play, I could definitely see them finishing this year with a top 5 offense in the conference this year. But we all know how big of an "if" that is lol.

Defensively, SWOSU has a lot more speed on the field. I think they have two really good MLBs in Wesley Mathis and Orlando Brown. Both guys are big, physical, and can move pretty well.
    The D-Line should be decent. Finally have some depth there, but nothing that jumps out at you.
    The secondary is going to have to replace a big loss at corner in All- American Jalen Carr. I hadn't realized that he was gone, but he has transferred to Tarleton State. Outside of that, they looked pretty good. Still wish Carr was still there though lmao

Call me a homer, but I'm cautiously optimistic that we might see a shootout in Weatherford on Sept. 2nd against the Reddies.

Long and athletic on the DL. Several new faces in the secondary, but, historically, HU has done a good job at filling holes in the secondary. I've only seen limited action so don't really know. Just hope we can at least compete with ECU week 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
      Long and athletic on the DL. Several new faces in the secondary, but, historically, HU has done a good job at filling holes in the secondary. I've only seen limited action so don't really know. Just hope we can at least compete with ECU week 1.
      Lmao yes, lets hope Harding can at least keep it close this year.

Comment

For SAU, I feel like there are soooo many questions marks across the board. There is talent on this team, but seem to lack experience overall. Not sure about the QB position, but has to be down from the days of 2012-2016. Can't imagine it being as high scoring with this new coach, but hoping for a better Defense. I honestly think .500 this year would be a success.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
          I agree, you'll be lucky to get out with a win!! Lol, kidding of course. I'm really speaking for the Tigers. Competing in this game for us would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post

I agree, you'll be lucky to get out with a win!! Lol, kidding of course. I'm really speaking for the Tigers. Competing in this game for us would be huge.
            Change your picture to a Purple Tiger. You are not welcomed in Ada. Beat Tarleton State, ECU can beat anyone in the GAC if they come to play.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post

Change your picture to a Purple Tiger. You are not welcomed in Ada. Beat Tarleton State, ECU can beat anyone in the GAC if they come to play.

Comment

To be fair, the easiest time to beat Harding is in the first 2-3 games of the season as we've seen in the past. If ECU shows up, I think you guys might just be capable of pulling off the massive upset.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                  To be fair, the easiest time to beat Harding is in the first 2-3 games of the season as we've seen in the past. If ECU shows up, I think you guys might just be capable of pulling off the massive upset.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X