X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 Scores

Comment

Comment

I was watching as much of every game as I could online. This is going to be a very interesting year.

Comment

East Central beat them in 2011.

Comment

Comment

As of now, that SOSU OKBU game looks to decide the Oklahoma GAC contender this year!!

Comment

Just a few thoughts about the result of the Southeastern Oklahoma vs Harding game.

Southeastern Oklahoma has clearly improved, and kudos to them for pulling off the upset. It looks like Harding is having slow offensive starts this season, which is a bit surprising considering how many starters returned this season.

As for the game itself, three things stood out to me:
                1) Harding's veteran offense had a very slow start.

2) Southeastern Oklahoma did pull out the upset, but they had Harding down 17-3 late in the second quarter and Harding ended up taking a 31-24 lead late in the fourth quarter.

3) On the sixth play of the last drive, Daulton Hadley was fortunate not to have been called for intentional grounding on second down and ten, and then Harding got called for a targeting penalty (that will likely be overturned) on the very next down, both of which changed the momentum of the drive.

The bottom line for me is this:
                Southeastern Oklahoma had Harding down, could not knock them out, and in the end needed a little bit of help from the officials to pull it off. It raises questions in my mind about how much has Southeastern Oklahoma actually improved. They are going to have to prove that the officiating on their last drive was a fluke, and show they can knock good teams out when they have them down if they are going to be a contender for the GAC title or a playoff spot.

As for Harding, I think if they are going to contend for the GAC title and a playoff spot, their offense is going to need to use this loss as a wake up call. Two back-to-back weeks of starting out flat for a veteran offense is not a good sign. If these slow starts continue they will pick up more losses over their next three games which are not going to be picnics.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                  Just a few thoughts about the result of the Southeastern Oklahoma vs Harding game.

Southeastern Oklahoma has clearly improved, and kudos to them for pulling off the upset. It looks like Harding is having slow offensive starts this season, which is a bit surprising considering how many starters returned this season.

2) Southeastern Oklahoma did pull out the upset, but they had Harding down 17-3 late in the second quarter and Harding ended up taking a 31-24 lead late in the fourth quarter.

3) On the sixth play of the last drive, Daulton Hadley was fortunate not to have been called for intentional grounding on second down and ten, and then Harding got called for a targeting penalty (that will likely be overturned) on the very next down, both of which changed the momentum of the drive.

Southeastern Oklahoma had Harding down, could not knock them out, and in the end needed a little bit of help from the officials to pull it off. It raises questions in my mind about how much has Southeastern Oklahoma actually improved. They are going to have to prove that the officiating on their last drive was a fluke, and show they can knock good teams out when they have them down if they are going to be a contender for the GAC title or a playoff spot.

As for Harding, I think if they are going to contend for the GAC title and a playoff spot, their offense is going to need to use this loss as a wake up call. Two back-to-back weeks of starting out flat for a veteran offense is not a good sign. If these slow starts continue they will pick up more losses over their next three games which are not going to be picnics.
                  A win is a win! "Help from the officials". Stop it. They won. Congrats Southeasy. Oklahoma teams in general have improved. If ECU offense figures out how to score in redzone, they may be just at much of a force at OKBU and Southeastern. Disappointing when you think about how many of their starters on O are back. This ECU team is 5-1 in their last 6 games.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post

A win is a win! "Help from the officials". Stop it. They won. Congrats Southeasy. Oklahoma teams in general have improved. If ECU offense figures out how to score in redzone, they may be just at much of a force at OKBU and Southeastern. Disappointing when you think about how many of their starters on O are back. This ECU team is 5-1 in their last 6 games.
                      Sorry you're butt hurt about someone trying to provide a little national perspective. I personally would prefer to see the GAC get some national respect and that means fielding post-season caliber teams. Right now I'm not seeing that from any of them.

Just stop with the ECU "could be a contender only if..." broken record. I mean if we're going to play possibilities Southern Nazarene could be a contender if they only had a defense.

Comment

Your inferiority complex and love for hating me is really coming through there fella.

Didn't say SE didn't play good, but when you have a traditional powerhouse down and don't get them out, that doesn't speak well from a national perspective.

Though I suppose national perspective is something that is hard for you to grasp, after all you kept saying Ouachita had a PO-caliber D in both 2018 & 2019 and I warned you they didn't. Remind me again who was right?

Comment

Sorry you're butt hurt about someone trying to provide a little national perspective. I personally would prefer to see the GAC get some national respect and that means fielding post-season caliber teams. Right now I'm not seeing that from any of them.

Just stop with the ECU "could be a contender only if..." broken record. I mean if we're going to play possibilities Southern Nazarene could be a contender if they only had a defense.

Comment

Your inferiority complex and love for hating me is really coming through there fella.

Didn't say SE didn't play good, but when you have a traditional powerhouse down and don't get them out, that doesn't speak well from a national perspective.

Though I suppose national perspective is something that is hard for you to grasp, after all you kept saying Ouachita had a PO-caliber D in both 2018 & 2019 and I warned you they didn't. Remind me again who was right?

Comment

Well, considering I'm a voter in the Top 25 Poll now, what should my perspective be if not national? I would love it if SE runs the table. I think it would be a signal the Oklahoma schools have turned a corner. All I did was state my concerns going forward. We'll see how it turns out.

You know ReddieMade was right. You really do make everything about you. Go get help, this love to hate on me schtick, is to borrow your phrase---worn out.

Also it's "you're" not "your."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X