Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

Well, considering I'm a voter in the Top 25 Poll now, what should my perspective be if not national? I would love it if SE runs the table. I think it would be a signal the Oklahoma schools have turned a corner. All I did was state my concerns going forward. We'll see how it turns out.

You know ReddieMade was right. You really do make everything about you. Go get help, this love to hate on me schtick, is to borrow your phrase---worn out.

Also it's "you're" not "your."

Comment

My quote

Though I suppose national perspective is something that is hard for you to grasp, after all you kept saying Ouachita had a PO-caliber D in both 2018 & 2019 and I warned you they didn't. Remind me again who was right?

Your quote

Where in my quote did I mention anything about Harding? Here's a clue I didn't. You always like to make up things I say or imply---just stop, it's down right intellectually dishonest. Also, if you can't see how dragging another team that was not mentioned into this shows your inferiority complex, then you really are logically deficient.

Comment

My quote

Your quote

Where in my quote did I mention anything about Harding? Here's a clue I didn't. You always like to make up things I say or imply---just stop, it's down right intellectually dishonest.
        Your whole dang post was about how Harding only lost because of the officials.

Comment

My quote

Your quote

Where in my quote did I mention anything about Harding? Here's a clue I didn't. You always like to make up things I say or imply---just stop, it's down right intellectually dishonest. Also, if you can't see how dragging another team that was not mentioned into this shows your inferiority complex, then you really are logically deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Your whole dang post was about how Harding only lost because of the officials.

Just a few thoughts about the result of the Southeastern Oklahoma vs Harding game.

Southeastern Oklahoma has clearly improved, and kudos to them for pulling off the upset. It looks like Harding is having slow offensive starts this season, which is a bit surprising considering how many starters returned this season.

As for the game itself, three things stood out to me:
            1) Harding's veteran offense had a very slow start.

2) Southeastern Oklahoma did pull out the upset, but they had Harding down 17-3 late in the second quarter and Harding ended up taking a 31-24 lead late in the fourth quarter.

3) On the sixth play of the last drive, Daulton Hadley was fortunate not to have been called for intentional grounding on second down and ten, and then Harding got called for a targeting penalty (that will likely be overturned) on the very next down, both of which changed the momentum of the drive.

The bottom line for me is this:
            Southeastern Oklahoma had Harding down, could not knock them out, and in the end needed a little bit of help from the officials to pull it off. It raises questions in my mind about how much has Southeastern Oklahoma actually improved. They are going to have to prove that the officiating on their last drive was a fluke, and show they can knock good teams out when they have them down if they are going to be a contender for the GAC title or a playoff spot.

As for Harding, I think if they are going to contend for the GAC title and a playoff spot, their offense is going to need to use this loss as a wake up call. Two back-to-back weeks of starting out flat for a veteran offense is not a good sign. If these slow starts continue they will pick up more losses over their next three games which are not going to be picnics.
            You really do have a reading comprehension problem don't you?

Comment

You really do have a reading comprehension problem don't you?
              Every single one of those bolder sections is a backhanded compliment and you know it.

Comment

Already answered regarding my perspective.

No, you just always make it about you and get all butt hurt when someone points it out.

Comment

Heck, I think Fenwick deserves all sorts of props for taking advantage of the situation and having the guts to go for 2. Yes, I'm also interested to see if SE are a force going forward. They are on my watch list for the Top 25, but I have reservations that I want them to put to rest first.

Again, I realize national perspective is not something you're good at and probably don't care about, but I would like to see the GAC get some national respect and there are just certain things that have to happen before the GAC gets that kind of respect. Right now I have concerns with what I have seen from GAC teams, if you view that as a backhanded compliment or dig, well that's on you.

Comment

Heck, I think Fenwick deserves all sorts of props for taking advantage of the situation and having the guts to go for 2. Yes, I'm also interested to see if SE are a force going forward. They are on my watch list for the Top 25, but I have reservations that I want them to put to rest first.

Again, I realize national perspective is not something you're good at and probably don't care about, but I would like to see the GAC get some national respect and there are just certain things that have to happen before the GAC gets that kind of respect. Right now I have concerns with what I have seen from GAC teams, if you view that as a backhanded compliment or dig, well that's on you.

Comment

Okay, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it---doesn't mean you are right.

I'll just use another game from this weekend to show my thinking for others that hopefully clarifies my perspective. The Minnesota State vs Duluth game was another upset this weekend. There were a few questionable calls in that game, did they matter, did they have an impact? No, because Duluth took care of business when they jumped out on Minnesota State 21-3, the Bulldogs kept the Mavericks down. SE jumped out on HU 17-3 and didn't keep them down---the circumstances raise questions for me. Duluth has shown they are a contender both in the NSIC and likely to be on the post-season stage. Again, questions about SE that I would like answered, and when I happened to be browsing the GAC section of the MB it seemed several were already crowning SE as a contender. Kudos to SE, they got the win by taking advantage of breaks, and the HC had the guts to go for the win and it paid off. Fact is contenders play like Duluth played in their game against a big time opponent, not like SE did. I know you say post-season perspective doesn't matter, but it will in 9 weeks when looking at the post-season.

Sorry you and ONCEATIGER have blinders on when it comes to the bigger picture.

Hey you know what, if you want me to be an HU fan because that helps you sleep, then I'll be an HU fan...................So, wanna talk about how OBU's 5 GAC championships have led to a 1-4 PO record and how MIAA and GLIAC teams don't fear them? Or, how about that 1-4 PO record and that it is not likely to improve against quality PO teams anytime soon because of structural issues on the defensive side of the ball?............................Does that help? Feel better now? Was that better than melatonin?

BTW, I think Kendel Givens (#34) is one heck of an RB. I think his physicality is a nice complement to TJ Cole's scat-back.

Comment

So happy to see this back on the board.

Comment

Every single one of those bolder sections is a backhanded compliment and you know it.

Comment

Last edited by TigerGuy; 09-13-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Guess we read it different.

On the sixth play of the last drive, Daulton Hadley was fortunate not to have been called for intentional grounding on second down and ten, and then Harding got called for a targeting penalty (that will likely be overturned) on the very next down, both of which changed the momentum of the drive.

Southeastern Oklahoma had Harding down, could not knock them out, and in the end needed a little bit of help from the officials to pull it off

They are going to have to prove that the officiating on their last drive was a fluke

Of course there are few things easier and more fun than getting Armo going, so there may have been a little trolling him involved. haha

Comment

Guess we read it different.

On the sixth play of the last drive, Daulton Hadley was fortunate not to have been called for intentional grounding on second down and ten, and then Harding got called for a targeting penalty (that will likely be overturned) on the very next down, both of which changed the momentum of the drive.

Southeastern Oklahoma had Harding down, could not knock them out, and in the end needed a little bit of help from the officials to pull it off

They are going to have to prove that the officiating on their last drive was a fluke

Of course there are few things easier and more fun than getting Armo going, so there may have been a little trolling him involved. haha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X