Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAC Pick'em Week 7

Week 7 here we go. Each week brings me more pain lol.

Please have all picks in before the games start.

Game on Thursday 10/14:

SWOSU @ SNU - 6pm

Games Saturday 10/16:

HU @ HSU - 2pm

ATU @ SAU - 2pm

NWOSU @ SEOSU - 2pm

OBU @ UAM - 2pm

OKBU @ ECU - 6pm

SWOSU by 13 - I am purely picking SWOSU just out of pride at this point. I would not be surprised if SNU pulls it off. After seeing the ATU performance, I think SWOSU only has two winnable games left, and this is the first one. Please don't let us lose to SNU. Idk what is up with the SWOSU QB, but he didn't play against OBU. Oh well, not that it really matters.

Harding by 7 - Henderson has got to score almost every time they touch the ball to win. Harding is rolling, and will be very hard to stop. The HSU offense is more than capable of outscoring them, but I don't know if they will. If Harding wins, there is a very good chance we have three teams at 10-1 at the end of the year. I'm excited for how this all plays out.

SAU by 14 - ATU pulled off the upset last week, but OKBU looked awful. I'm still not sure what happened there. SAU is the better football team, and they are at home. SAU should pull away in the 4th.

SEOSU by 21 - SEOSU should have no trouble with NWOSU. I think they get in front early and coast it out. SEOSU starts the easier part of their schedule now. I hope they win out.

OBU by 24 - OBU should have no problem with UAM. They played bad football against SWOSU, and I don't expect them to do that two games in a row. OBU gets it done in typical OBU fashion.

ECU by 7 - I think both of these schools have been a bit overrated. The OKBU loss last week to ATU is shocking, but ECU getting shellacked by HSU kind of surprised me as well. I'm giving the edge to the home team.

Comment

SWOSU 12

HSU 9

SAU 12

SEOSU 29

OBU 21

OKBU 9

Comment

SWOSU by 1 - I have no idea who wins nor do I care. Both are bad at football this year. SWOSU needs to start from scratch. Time for a change.

HSU by 10 - Yes, HSU tore up the Tigers this past weekend. ECU defense looked awful against this talented HSU team. HSU solely based on the fact that if Harding struggled with Southeastern's offense, wait until they see these guys.

SAU by 3 - Home team wins it. May turn out to be the best game of the week.

SEOSU by 17 - What I said about SWOSU can be said about NWOSU. They need a fresh start.

OBU by 17 - OBU may continue to just run for 300-400 on everyone on their ways to a showdown in the delph.

ECU by 10 - ECU just started out flat against HSU. Defense looked bad. I hope we can all agree on this statement, ECU isn't quite the top 3 teams, but they are in the realm of 4-5 in the conference. Who here would have said that 3 years ago. Proud of the ECU Tigers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post
            SWOSU by 1 - I have no idea who wins nor do I care. Both are bad at football this year. SWOSU needs to start from scratch. Time for a change.

HSU by 10 - Yes, HSU tore up the Tigers this past weekend. ECU defense looked awful against this talented HSU team. HSU solely based on the fact that if Harding struggled with Southeastern's offense, wait until they see these guys.

SAU by 3 - Home team wins it. May turn out to be the best game of the week.

SEOSU by 17 - What I said about SWOSU can be said about NWOSU. They need a fresh start.

OBU by 17 - OBU may continue to just run for 300-400 on everyone on their ways to a showdown in the delph.

ECU by 10 - ECU just started out flat against HSU. Defense looked bad. I hope we can all agree on this statement, ECU isn't quite the top 3 teams, but they are in the realm of 4-5 in the conference. Who here would have said that 3 years ago. Proud of the ECU Tigers.
            I hope HSU takes Harding as lightly as you do! Their defense was down 3 linebackers by the end of the game at SEOSU. No one has played a tougher schedule than Harding and I think that fact will show.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

I hope HSU takes Harding as lightly as you do! Their defense was down 3 linebackers by the end of the game at SEOSU. No one has played a tougher schedule than Harding and I think that fact will show.

Comment

HSU by 10 - Yes, HSU tore up the Tigers this past weekend. ECU defense looked awful against this talented HSU team. HSU solely based on the fact that if Harding struggled with Southeastern's offense, wait until they see these guys

So just some observations here. I was at both games Harding vs SEOSU and Henderson State vs SEOSU and I think that Henderson State does have a great offense...Or do they? They have scored 31,55,58,56,27,59 of all the teams on that list which one would be classified as a good team up to this point in the season? SEOSU, who held them to 27.
                Harding has a very difficult offense to stop they also have only one blemish on their record. To who? SEOSU
                Now, I am by no means claiming SEOSU to be some juggernaut. But they are good. And other than the Harding win over Ouachita neither team has faced a very formidable team other than SEOSU. So my guess is that if both teams are 100% healthy Harding will win this game. Henderson is very good. But other than SEOSU who they eeked out a 3 pt win against and I was there SEOSU made a couple of dumb mistatkes like the blocked punt in their own endzone where the line literally took off down the field without making a block first. That game was dead even all afternoon. I would bet if they played 10 times they'd split 5/5. The Harding game was just a great game plan on defense that slowed them down the entire first half. But Harding had their way with SEOSU most of the second half and figured them out and wore them down. If it wasn't for an amazing 91 yd drive and a 2 pt conversion by the SEOSU offense Harding had them beat. That is why I think this game will be close but Harding will be Harding and wear them down and pulll ahead for the win.
                Oh and I think you greatly underestimate the SEOSU offense. They have a lot of talent. Massive offensive line a good mix of power and speed RB's 4 really good WR's (and to be objective and not show bias I will not comment on their QB) but they have a very good offense.
                Last edited by Baldsexy; 10-12-2021, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Comment

Game on Thursday 10/14:

SWOSU @ SNU - SWOSU by 10

Games Saturday 10/16:

HU @ HSU - HU by 7

ATU @ SAU - SAU by 10

NWOSU @ SEOSU - SEOSU by 17

OBU @ UAM - OBU by 20

OKBU @ ECU - OKBU by 17

Comment

SWOSU @ SNU - SWOSU by 10

HU @ HSU - HSU by 7

ATU @ SAU - ATU by 7

NWOSU @ SEOSU - SEOSU by 17

OBU @ UAM - OBU by 10

OKBU @ ECU - OKBU by 7

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post
                        HSU by 10 - Yes, HSU tore up the Tigers this past weekend. ECU defense looked awful against this talented HSU team. HSU solely based on the fact that if Harding struggled with Southeastern's offense, wait until they see these guys

So just some observations here. I was at both games Harding vs SEOSU and Henderson State vs SEOSU and I think that Henderson State does have a great offense...Or do they? They have scored 31,55,58,56,27,59 of all the teams on that list which one would be classified as a good team up to this point in the season? SEOSU, who held them to 27.

Comment

Comment

SWOSU by 13
                            HU by 4
                            SAU by 6
                            SEOSU by 27
                            OBU by 24
                            ECu by 10

Comment

SWOSU by 13
                              HU by 6
                              SAU by 10