Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown to the Playoffs

How many teams could represent the GAC? Just 2 or could a third sneak in?

Comment

Originally posted by OBU-BisonFan View Post
      How many teams could represent the GAC? Just 2 or could a third sneak in?

Comment

Comment

Comment

The best way to guarantee the GAC gets 3 teams in is if they have 3 1-loss teams.

Heading forward, if you are a Harding fan you want two things to happen:
            1) Nebraska-Kearney beating Northwest Missouri on October 30th
            2) Washburn winning out

That scenario would likely ensure that the Bisons do not play Northwest Missouri in the first round, as the Bearcats would most likely be eliminated from the playoff picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
              The best way to guarantee the GAC gets 3 teams in is if they have 3 1-loss teams.

Heading forward, if you are a Harding fan you want two things to happen:
              1) Nebraska-Kearney beating Northwest Missouri on October 30th
              2) Washburn winning out

That scenario would likely ensure that the Bisons do not play Northwest Missouri in the first round, as the Bearcats would most likely be eliminated from the playoff picture.

Comment

Comment

I was just focusing on what would likely guarantee Harding does not have another first round match up against Northwest Missouri since OldBison brought it up based upon Inkblot's work--and Inkblot has a good track record.

You are correct in pointing out that that even if Northwest Missouri wins out they could end up on the other side of the bracket, per Inkblot's work to date. We will find out soon enough.

I agree that the only thing for certain in this region is that nothing is certain.

Comment

Do you believe the committee is likely to give more weight to SOS over Win%? Or cancel one another out?

How much did the secondary criteria come into play in your calculations for SR3?
                    Last edited by Armo Wood; 10-17-2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

Do you believe the committee is likely to give more weight to SOS over Win%? Or cancel one another out?

How much did the secondary criteria come into play in your calculations for SR3?
                        The traditional thing to do is add SOS and Win% together, but that's not a strict rule.

I have been looking at some of the other criteria. For example, Michigan Tech being 0-1 against teams with a winning record was part of the reason I put Washburn 10th instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                          The traditional thing to do is add SOS and Win% together, but that's not a strict rule.I have been looking at some of the other criteria. For example, Michigan Tech being 0-1 against teams with a winning record was part of the reason I put Washburn 10th instead.
                          I was just curious about your thoughts because they haven't done the traditional thing in SR3 in a long time due to the silo scheduling. In the past they've had to go to the secondary criteria in SR3 to get around the logjams created by silo scheduling. It will be interesting to see what route they pursue this year.

Comment

I was just curious about your thoughts because they haven't done the traditional thing in SR3 in a long time due to the silo scheduling. In the past they've had to go to the secondary criteria in SR3 to get around the logjams created by silo scheduling. It will be interesting to see what route they pursue this year.
                            When three teams are 10-1 with a .500 SOS, it's necessary to use the secondary criteria. I believe it was record against teams with winning records that was the deciding factor for that group in 2019.

Comment

So if we end up with 3 teams at 10-1 and their only losses are to each other, do we get three in playoffs, or if only two are in how do they decide?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X