Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWOSU WBB - Questions

A week from today SWOSU is scheduled to play WT in the Tip-off Classic. A few questions.
    How many returning players? What are the expectations for the season? Which player do I need to watch??
    Anyone making the trip??
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Franks, Tramble, Ramey, and the Gore sisters are all returning starters. Franks is probably the best player in the GAC, and she is in her senior year. Tramble is a sophomore, but might end up having a better career than Franks. The Gore sisters transferred in from D1 Oral Roberts, and they both can play.

All 5 starters are back from a team that narrowly lost to the national champs Lubbock Christian in the region finals. I would expect a very deep playoff run from SWOSU this year. I won't be out there, but I did live in Amarillo for a while growing up. Used to love going to watch WT FB games with my dad. That would have been the 05-08 WT teams that were awesome lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
      Franks, Tramble, Ramey, and the Gore sisters are all returning starters. Franks is probably the best player in the GAC, and she is in her senior year. Tramble is a sophomore but might end up having a better career than Franks. The Gore sisters transferred in from D1 Oral Roberts, and they both can play.

All 5 starters are back from a team that narrowly lost to the national champs Lubbock Christian in the region finals. I would expect a very deep playoff run from SWOSU this year. I won't be out there, but I did live in Amarillo for a while growing up. Used to love going to watch WT FB games with my dad. That would have been the 05-08 WT teams that were awesome lol.
      Thanks. Wt lost the last 6 games of the year, the longest losing streak in the program history. New Coach with several new players. Lost our best player to the transfer portal to a D1 school - Texas Tech. With SWOSU losing to LCU in the regional finals and Dury being the national runner-up and Central Missouri being in the tournament Wt could start 0-3 and still be a good team.

The FB teams 05-08 were fun to watch. The last few years - not so much.

Comment

The Lady Buffs made some big defensive stops down the stretch as they held the Southwestern Oklahoma State Bulldogs without a bucket for over three and a half minutes on two different occasions in the final quarter on their way to an 81-68 victory in the finale of the D2CCA Tipoff Classic presented by Suddenlink at the First United Bank Center in Canyon.

Zamorye Roberts led the way again for the Lady Buffs as the junior went 10-of-15 from the floor including 3-of-4 from behind the arc for a game-high 24 points to go along with five rebounds, four assists and four steals. Alivia Lewis registered a double-double for the second straight contest with 12 points and 11 boards while Jayla Burgess finished the night with 14 points and six rebounds.

The Lady Buffs finished the game going 30-of-69 (43.5%) from the field including 6-of-22 (27.3%) from deep and 15-of-20 (75%) from the free throw line with 46 rebounds (16 offensive, 30 defensive), 18 assists, 19 turnovers, five blocks and eight steals in the win. It marks the first win on the WT sidelines for head coach Josh Prock.

The Bulldogs were led by Mkyra Tramble with 21 points as the sophomore went 4-of-15 from the floor and 12-of-16 from the charity stripe to go along with eight rebounds, three assists and four steals. SWOSU went 21-of-62 (33.9%) from the field including 6-of-20 (30%) from deep and 20-of-27 (74.1%) from the free throw line with 38 rebounds (12 offensive, 26 defensive), nine assists, 17 turnovers, no blocks and 10 steals.

HALFTIME REPORT
        The Lady Buffs trailed by just five heading into the locker room as they went 15-of-34 (44.1%) from the floor including 5-of-11 (45.5%) from deep and 1-of-2 (50%) from the free-throw line with 19 total rebounds (seven offensive, 12 defensive), eight assists, 10 turnovers, four blocks, and one steal. SWOSU finished the half going 15-of-35 (42.9%) from the floor including 4-of-11 (36.4%) from behind the arc and 7-of-9 (77.8%) from the line with 20 rebounds (seven offensive, 13 defensive), eight assists, five turnovers, no blocks, and four steals.

COMING UP NEXT
        The Lady Buffs make a trip to Waco, Texas on Wednesday night as they battle the reigning Big 12 Conference Champion Baylor Lady Bears in exhibition action at the Ferrell Center with tipoff set for 7 p.m.

D2CCA TIPOFF CLASSIC ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
        Paige Robinson (Drury) * Most Valuable Player
        Alana Findley (Drury)
        Kaylee DaMitz (Drury)
        Olivia Nelson (Central Missouri)
        Nija Collier (Central Missouri)
        Brooke Littrell (Central Missouri)
        Makyra Tramble (Southwestern Oklahoma State)
        Lauren Ramey (Southwestern Oklahoma State)
        Zamorye Roberts (West Texas A&M)
        Alivia Lewis (West Texas A&M)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X