Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to the GAC

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
    All these Harding fans coming out this year. The number on here may outnumber our local COC church in Conway. Welcome to the board BisonDOc. You a doctor?
    There are 2 COC's in conway with quite a large congregation. I'm not sure why this always comes up with you haha. University COC probably has 400. Robinson and Center probably has 500 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
      There are 2 COC's in conway with quite a large congregation. I'm not sure why this always comes up with you haha. University COC probably has 400. Robinson and Center probably has 500 or more.
      To be honest it's something I struggle with, pretty well as sin I believe. I think about this all the time. Focusing on numbers when it comes to congregations. Such as a little over 2,000,000 Church of Christ members compared to over 14,000,000 of Southern Baptist . I always thought that the reason Harding was so big and successful was because of so many diehard COC coming from surrounding states. I just looked at the number of COC colleges and it's around 20. I think the SBC church has around 52. Not counting other Missionary Baptist Churches. To be honest it doesn't really matter, the biggest thing in life is living a life of following Christ to see out his plan for us. To glorify his kingdom. So to answer your question, its pretty much because I struggle with living a comparison game. Wanting to be better than the next man. Similar to a guy having a nicer lawn mower than his next door neighbor. Or the guy that has a brand new Jeep, but is in debt up to his eyeballs trying to keep up with the Jones's. So yeah, kind of a long answer, but there ya go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
        All these Harding fans coming out this year. The number on here may outnumber our local COC church in Conway. Welcome to the board BisonDOc. You a doctor?
        Haha almost. Finish medical school this year and hope to start residency back in Arkansas.

"Surely not. Wishing for an exploding head would be against the Hippocratic oath" OBUGrad

Well it may be against the Hippocratic oath but I have enjoyed watching Fred's feather's get rustled in the past. It's all in good fun

Comment

Originally posted by BisonDOc View Post

Haha almost. Finish medical school this year and hope to start residency back in Arkansas.

"Surely not. Wishing for an exploding head would be against the Hippocratic oath" OBUGrad

Well it may be against the Hippocratic oath but I have enjoyed watching Fred's feather's get rustled in the past. It's all in good fun
          Glad to have you man!

Comment

Hi there, I too am new to the board with a son that started his first year playing at Tech. This is the first that I'm keeping up with the GAC, so look forward to reading all of the posts week to week. Live in south Louisiana, so getting to games will always be trip, but looking forward to a great football season.

Comment

Welcome to the GAC!

Comment

Originally posted by WonderDad View Post
                Hi there, I too am new to the board with a son that started his first year playing at Tech. This is the first that I'm keeping up with the GAC, so look forward to reading all of the posts week to week. Live in south Louisiana, so getting to games will always be trip, but looking forward to a great football season.
                Welcome and best of luck to your son!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X