Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 9 Regional Rankings

Comment

I ended up with four conference rematches this week, and tried in vain to find a way to reduce that without increasing first-round flights... or those pesky potential second-round flights.

Comment

Thanks Inkblot. Curious as to why GVSU moved up to #2. I know Harding being a GAC team always has a SOS of .50. Do GLIAC teams, like GVSU, have OC games that causes their SOS to change as the season progresses?

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
          Thanks Inkblot. Curious as to why GVSU moved up to #2. I know Harding being a GAC team always has a SOS of .50. Do GLIAC teams, like GVSU, have OC games that causes their SOS to change as the season progresses?
          GAC teams' SOS won't even out at .500 until the end of the season. Harding's has been well above .500 but it's in the process of coming down, which is why GVSU passed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

GAC teams' SOS won't even out at .500 until the end of the season. Harding's has been well above .500 but it's in the process of coming down, which is why GVSU passed them.
            So, some speculation.
            GV's next 2 opponents currently have a total of 5 wins this season.. and likely won't win the rest of the way. So, does Harding jump back over GV? A few more variables would come into play since the one OOC team for GV, CSUP, has been up and down this season and they have 2 tough games left: Mines and Western Col.

Thanks for keeping things interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

So, some speculation.
              GV's next 2 opponents currently have a total of 5 wins this season.. and likely won't win the rest of the way. So, does Harding jump back over GV? A few more variables would come into play since the one OOC team for GV, CSUP, has been up and down this season and they have 2 tough games left: Mines and Western Col.

Thanks for keeping things interesting!
              Harding's next two opponents have a total of 3 wins...

Comment

Harding's next two opponents have a total of 3 wins...
                Woah

Comment

Comment

we have silo scheduling so at the end our opponent SOS will be back down to .500.

Comment

Comment

Hey Inkblot question for you. Going on the assumptions that Ferris, Grand Valley, Harding, Northwest, and Lindenwood all win out, and that the committee does go by Win% + SOS this go around, after eye-balling some of the cumulative OWP data (haven't run the SOS formula or anything), it seems to me that Harding will most likely be battling Lindenwood for the #4 seed in the end. Who gets the #4 seed will depend upon how Findlay and Angelo finish out, since KWU is now guaranteed a losing season. Does that line up with what you are seeing at this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                          Hey Inkblot question for you. Going on the assumptions that Ferris, Grand Valley, Harding, Northwest, and Lindenwood all win out, and that the committee does go by Win% + SOS this go around, after eye-balling some of the cumulative OWP data (haven't run the SOS formula or anything), it seems to me that Harding will most likely be battling Lindenwood for the #4 seed in the end. Who gets the #4 seed will depend upon how Findlay and Angelo finish out, since KWU is now guaranteed a losing season. Does that line up with what you are seeing at this time?
                          Yeah, I actually wrote something pretty similar regarding Findlay and Angelo in another thread.

Comment

Yeah, I actually wrote something pretty similar regarding Findlay and Angelo in another thread.
                            Okay, I must have missed it. Thanks!

Comment

I was just curious if there is any chance for SEOSU to make the playoffs if they win their last 2 games vs Oauchita and ECU?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X