Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s up with the Muleriders?

Ok. We’ve avoided talking about all season. So, let’s get to it. It’s possible SAU finishes the season with only 4 or 5 wins. In 2018 and 2019 they finished 8-4. What’s going on? Is it just first year adjustments for the former Offensive Coordinator- now head coach, Mike McCarty, or is there other stuff going on. Why the big drop off after Bill Koepple’s retirement?

Let’s not talk about it.. again, I think it all came down to the blown 28 point lead against HSU! The team hasn’t played the same since.. let’s face it, we expected to lose to Harding, but then to get back on track against HSU, 28 point lead, then blows it.. the mentality hasn’t been the same!! QB play also hasn’t been up to par.. this is his first season as a starter (for a whole season at least).. to say I’m disappointed is an understatement!!

Comment

OK, sorry. I didn’t know we had already talked about this that much. I may need to go back and look at old posts. I’m not trying to rub salt in old wounds. I’m just trying to understand how the drop off could be so drastic. Currently SAU has the 7th place offense and defense in the conference. Their defense gives up an average of 32 pts per game. Currently behind ATU both offensively and defensively. Even in years when they finished in the middle of the conference their defense would be in the top 3 in the conference. In addition to moving the offensive coordinator-QB up to head coach did they loose or replace some other coaches? Did they loose a lot of older players to COVID-related graduation? Are they having to play a lot of young guys?

Comment

I didn’t get a chance to watch any of the Battle for the Timberlands. Every time I checked the score SAU was falling further and further behind. 110 points is a lot of scoring. What happened? At some point did the SAU coach just say ‘screw it” and put in all the freshman?

Comment

I kept tabs on it until SAU was up 17-0, then didn't check the score until it was over. Talk about a surprise lol

Comment

I think the SAU posters have moved on to basketball season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X