Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

You have asked the right question. Does the committee want conference balance in SR3, or do they prefer ranked win?---I have seen SR3 do each, granted in different years. Ranked loss versus unranked loss has not been something I have ever seen a committee consider.

I do wonder if Washburn would get the nod, simply to keep a rematch from happening?
      Last edited by Armo Wood; 11-13-2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

The last spot is definitely between Washburn and Ouachita. Whichever one is in, will likely play at Harding. Lindenwood is a bus trip to Grand Valley so I think that is where they are going. I think you are going to see Kearney and Duluth switch out regions, if that happens Duluth will be at Northwest Missouri.

Comment

They had player number on one side and HU logo on the other.

Comment

Really hard to tell at this point, given today's results. Harding's SOS, as we know, is going to be .500, the real questions are where is GV's and NW's SOSs at this point and will the SOS really matters to the committee. If they view GV and NW SOSs and PIs as being artificially inflated due to playing less games, then I think there is great chance Harding stays in the #2 spot, as all three teams will be 4-1 against teams above .500, but Harding will likely be 2-0 against ranked opponents, while GV will be 0-1, and NW will be 1-1.

Having said that, I think Harding could slide down to #4. Again, will just depend upon how the committee views things and where they choose to put their focus.

Comment

I don't think Harding will drop below GVSU. Nothing has changed in the last week that would justify reversing the order of those two.

My hunch is that NWMSU moves up to 3rd, between Harding and GVSU. All three now have the same record against opponents above .500; Harding has two ranked wins, NWMSU has one, and GVSU has zero. (I'm expecting SEOSU to stay in the top 10.)

Comment

Just curious Inkblot, why do you believe SE will still be in the Top 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                  Just curious Inkblot, why do you believe SE will still be in the Top 10?
                  Pittsburg State and Michigan Tech are the only other serious contenders for 10th, and both have zero ranked wins compared to SEOSU's two.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Pittsburg State and Michigan Tech are the only other serious contenders for 10th, and both have zero ranked wins compared to SEOSU's two.
                    Gotcha. Makes total sense.

Comment

Yes! ECU impressed me! Everyone here thought I was crazy. Next year should be even better!

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post

Yes! ECU impressed me! Everyone here thought I was crazy. Next year should be even better!

Comment

That's funny. Goodluck in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post
                            That's funny. Goodluck in the playoffs.
                            You too, man. Hope you guys get a shot at a bowl game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X