Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SWOSU Head Coach Josh Kirkland

This took a lot of the people I know by surprise, and not in a good way. Don't get me wrong, I'll 100% support this coaching staff until they prove me otherwise, but this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Hiring a coach whose best record at the college level is 6-4 doesn't make me excited. I'm sure he's a great guy, and to be fair to him, he did a good job with turning NMHU around in a year, getting 5 wins, including a win over CSU-Pueblo. It's gonna be hard to come into Weatherford and do worse than our last coach did with the talent and resources, but man, the disappointment is real.

I hope he makes me eat my words, but only time will tell. If SWOSU wins 5 or more games next year, I will eat my hat and sing his praises lmao.

That's a damn good record at New Mexico Highlands. Look at SWOSU's recent record. Not much to brag about. If he consistently gets 4 wins at SWOSU, that is an improvement.

Comment

Highlands would arguably be the toughest job in the RMAC and he had the Cowboys on the right track. They played Colorado School of Mines close in Golden and nearly knocked off Western in Gunnison for homecoming. If he can continue to recruit talented juco guys like CJ Sims(RMAC OPOY) it could be a nice turnaround.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X