X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<>

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

Now that I have had time to research, I want to come back and disabuse you of your propagandistic views.

First, in the last decade HU has won 88 games, a winning % of .800 and a GAC winning % of .840.
      OBU has a total of 78 wins, a winning % of .772 and a GAC winning % of .798. Now its been a half a decade since I took a statistics class but I am going to go out on a limb and say those differences are statistically significant.

Now you can use outdated information or just lie, but you can not BS a BSer. Also, the number of playoff wins a player on the 2021 HU team has is infinitely more % wise than any player on OBU's entire alumni base or current players combined since going D2. I hope that fact that our back-up place kick holder has more play off wins than TJ Cole. They may not have as many personal accolades but they do have a sense of team success.
      Haters gonna hate. Some folks work so durn hard to make others look bad. Its tiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigworm View Post

Haters gonna hate. Some folks work so durn hard to make others look bad. Its tiring.
        lol, quit being a victim. Either make a point or kick rocks!

Comment

Not sure if this changes anyones predictions/rankings. But Southeastern QB Daulton Hatley will be returning for the 2022 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post
            Not sure if this changes anyones predictions/rankings. But Southeastern QB Daulton Hatley will be returning for the 2022 season.
            That is an absolute huge deal for SEOSU. Makes them now a more top favorite than before. Could see now as a team with great opportunity to knock out the Big 3 Arkansas schools for a playoff shot

Comment

That's huge for Southeasy. Makes them a conference contender, Need to find a way to beat ECU though to go to the playoffs.

Comment

11. Nwosu - Matt Walters on thin ice here, don't expect it to last much longer

Remains to be seen how the new University President sees things. Word on the street is Walters and former Prez who was instrumental in hiring him were pretty tight going back to his student and playing days at NWOSU. Some kind of mentorship or something like that. I'm guessing that is why he has hung on so long here. Not sure what kind of Coach could be enticed to come here anyway if and when Walters is gone. It's a really tough place to win at. Might just have to stay with what we have and accept 2-4 wins a year. It's not like Walters is on anyones short list as a Coach and a threat to leave. If he was I'm guessing he would have jumped shipped awhile ago. Us oldtimers long for the NAIA days where we could compete every saturday. Just win baby.

Comment

1. Harding - Best defense in the league. Doesn't matter how many on D they return, they will be really good. Breaking in new QB and FB so the early part of the season will be telling. Will they try as many onside kicks this year as last?

2. OBU - Allen or the transfer QB who missed the season last year? Best RB in the league, best OL in the league. OBU should be able to crush in the Play Action game if they have a QB who can get it there. Defense is always top notch, losing Junior will hurt, but they seem to reload at that spot regardless.

3. HSU - New QB, no Curry. Return All Conference WR in Malone and plenty of offensive firepower to keep the train rolling. Defense lost 2 All Conference Players to the portal.

4. SEOK - Have made huge strides these past years. Solid team. Could easily be 3rd, but they can't seem to get past the Reddies (or ECU for that matter)

5. OK Baptist - Gone are Haire / Cornell / Stuever - That's a tremendous amount of offense to replace.

6. AR Tech - Maybe this is the year they figure it out.

7. ECU - Interim HC who has never called plays for an average offense, and lost their best offensive weapon to the portal (TE). They can return all the starters they want this year, but wasn't this the case last year as well?

8. SAU - New staff. Don't know much about them.

9. UAM - If only their QB could play every position.

10. NWOSU - I didn't watch many Ranger games last year, but when they played the Natty State Teams, their QB got demolished.

11. SWOSU - New staff. Don't know much about them.

12. SNU - Kids play hard. They will win one (or two) they shouldn't because of that.

Side Note - This is my first post as a member. Have been a long time GAC fan. Looking forward to a great year of GAC Football!

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger Rick View Post
                    11. Nwosu - Matt Walters on thin ice here, don't expect it to last much longer

Remains to be seen how the new University President sees things. Word on the street is Walters and former Prez who was instrumental in hiring him were pretty tight going back to his student and playing days at NWOSU. Some kind of mentorship or something like that. I'm guessing that is why he has hung on so long here. Not sure what kind of Coach could be enticed to come here anyway if and when Walters is gone. It's a really tough place to win at. Might just have to stay with what we have and accept 2-4 wins a year. It's not like Walters is on anyones short list as a Coach and a threat to leave. If he was I'm guessing he would have jumped shipped awhile ago. Us oldtimers long for the NAIA days where we could compete every saturday. Just win baby.
                    I was talking to a college coach about four years ago and we got to talking about small college ball in Oklahoma. This guy has coached D1 and D2. I made a comment about NWOSU and SWOSU struggling since they went D2. I stated that I understood NWOSU struggling due to their location and presumably limited resources but I expected SWOSU to do much better. He laughed and said "SWOSU doesn't belong in D2!" (he once coached there). If SWOSU doesn't belong D2, what makes anybody think NWOSU belongs there? Going back to the NAIA has been the best thing for OPSU, as we have the same problem with funds and location. Good luck being bottom feeders, NWOSU, SWOSU and SNU, although I do expect Southwestern to eventually rise from the dead.

I wish the best for all Oklahoma schools as I am a proud Okie. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post

I was talking to a college coach about four years ago and we got to talking about small college ball in Oklahoma. This guy has coached D1 and D2. I made a comment about NWOSU and SWOSU struggling since they went D2. I stated that I understood NWOSU struggling due to their location and presumably limited resources but I expected SWOSU to do much better. He laughed and said "SWOSU doesn't belong in D2!" (he once coached there). If SWOSU doesn't belong D2, what makes anybody think NWOSU belongs there? Going back to the NAIA has been the best thing for OPSU, as we have the same problem with funds and location. Good luck being bottom feeders, NWOSU, SWOSU and SNU, although I do expect Southwestern to eventually rise from the dead.

You damn hippies are too easy. If I posted something like that on the LSC board their militias would be massing in Texhoma at the Oklahoma/Texas border for an invasion of Goodwell, Oklahoma. Not a peep out of any of you. Any questioning D2 is the ultimate crime in their minds.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post

I will bite. Out of all the Oklahoma D2 schools, SWOSU is the one who "belongs" the most in D2 in my opinion. OK Baptist might end up being top dog if they continue to pump money into their program. The main enemy of OPSU and NWOSU is the location. Alva sucks. NWOSU should have moved to Woodward a long time ago. I was recruited by Coach Walters when he first came into NWOSU, and the main reason I didn't go to NWOSU was because I wasn't gonna go to school in Alva. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done that lol. SWOSU facilities are the best out of the GAC OK schools that I've seen, and are in the top half of the Arkie schools. I think it's just going to take more time for the OK schools to really get adjusted to D2. SWOSU, NWOSU, and ECU all won the natty in the 90s, so it's not like there isn't some good history there, they've just been behind the 8 ball in funding. I think that is slowly changing for the better, and the Okie schools should start being much more competitive soon. I don't have high hopes for SNU or NWOSU though unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I will bite. Out of all the Oklahoma D2 schools, SWOSU is the one who "belongs" the most in D2 in my opinion. OK Baptist might end up being top dog if they continue to pump money into their program. The main enemy of OPSU and NWOSU is the location. Alva sucks. NWOSU should have moved to Woodward a long time ago. I was recruited by Coach Walters when he first came into NWOSU, and the main reason I didn't go to NWOSU was because I wasn't gonna go to school in Alva. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done that lol. SWOSU facilities are the best out of the GAC OK schools that I've seen, and are in the top half of the Arkie schools. I think it's just going to take more time for the OK schools to really get adjusted to D2. SWOSU, NWOSU, and ECU all won the natty in the 90s, so it's not like there isn't some good history there, they've just been behind the 8 ball in funding. I think that is slowly changing for the better, and the Okie schools should start being much more competitive soon. I don't have high hopes for SNU or NWOSU though unfortunately.
                          I 100% agree with you about Alva. Coach Walters and his staff were super nice to my son. But when we went to check out Alva ugh! The facilities were small but new and very nice. But the actual school looked like it was 100 years old. And the town was basically a Walmart, a couple of hotels, a taco place and maybe a bar. I have no idea how they get any players there.

Comment

https://twitter.com/thecfbnetwork/st...74802492203008

Comment

I will repeat one thing. After the game against NWOSU last season. The first thing Daulton said to me after the game was "man dad their QB is really good if he had any protection"

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post

I 100% agree with you about Alva. Coach Walters and his staff were super nice to my son. But when we went to check out Alva ugh! The facilities were small but new and very nice. But the actual school looked like it was 100 years old. And the town was basically a Walmart, a couple of hotels, a taco place and maybe a bar. I have no idea how they get any players there.
                                Absolutely. I love the staff there, and honestly think they are good coaches. It's just impossibly hard to get the type of talent they need to be a top GAC team with where they are located. They might get some real studs every now and then if they give a bunch of money to them, but it isn't sustainable to keep a good team together. I am excited to watch your son play this year, I think there is a very good chance he will take SE to the playoffs. You have a very talented team put together down there in Durant, and I will always root for the OK schools when they aren't playing my Bulldogs ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X