Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I am very anxious for SAU this year. Has to be some of the best coaching on paper that this program has ever had or at least comperable to the success years with Bill K. Last year was a trainwreck. Love to be continuing to recruit the Ark La Tex really hard as well. Hopefully we can have at least a .500 year the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I will bite. Out of all the Oklahoma D2 schools, SWOSU is the one who "belongs" the most in D2 in my opinion. OK Baptist might end up being top dog if they continue to pump money into their program. The main enemy of OPSU and NWOSU is the location. Alva sucks. NWOSU should have moved to Woodward a long time ago. I was recruited by Coach Walters when he first came into NWOSU, and the main reason I didn't go to NWOSU was because I wasn't gonna go to school in Alva. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done that lol. SWOSU facilities are the best out of the GAC OK schools that I've seen, and are in the top half of the Arkie schools. I think it's just going to take more time for the OK schools to really get adjusted to D2. SWOSU, NWOSU, and ECU all won the natty in the 90s, so it's not like there isn't some good history there, they've just been behind the 8 ball in funding. I think that is slowly changing for the better, and the Okie schools should start being much more competitive soon. I don't have high hopes for SNU or NWOSU though unfortunately.
        Dude, you're nuts!! If you have the best facilities in the GAC, this conference is in bad shape. Now, I am basing this on watching OPSU beat SWOSU in football on your turf several years ago, the last time they played. The field left me highly disappointed. Maybe the lack of spectators in the stands had something to do with it. We had about a dozen tailgaters, you guys had one. We had close to 20 fans on our side of the field, you guys had maybe 50. I was very impressed with the drum corp as they marched around the track. I helped a grandson and his wife move from campus housing a few weeks ago and we drove by the field. From the street, this thing looked like a little bitty hole in the ground. I will admit that from the outside the Pioneer Cellular Event Center is very nice. I have always felt like SWOSU is a sleeping giant, but this has been an extended slumber.

NWOSU? A bunch of thugs on the team and with their supporters. The supporters like to threaten and bully the opposing spectators at their football games. I have run into recruits that chose not to go their to play football because of the large number of "thugs" as they have been repeatedly referred to. Heck, in the past their supporters have posted about them on this board. Read the police reports sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post

Dude, you're nuts!! If you have the best facilities in the GAC, this conference is in bad shape. Now, I am basing this on watching OPSU beat SWOSU in football on your turf several years ago, the last time they played. The field left me highly disappointed. Maybe the lack of spectators in the stands had something to do with it. We had about a dozen tailgaters, you guys had one. We had close to 20 fans on our side of the field, you guys had maybe 50. I was very impressed with the drum corp as they marched around the track. I helped a grandson and his wife move from campus housing a few weeks ago and we drove by the field. From the street, this thing looked like a little bitty hole in the ground. I will admit that from the outside the Pioneer Cellular Event Center is very nice. I have always felt like SWOSU is a sleeping giant, but this has been an extended slumber.

NWOSU? A bunch of thugs on the team and with their supporters. The supporters like to threaten and bully the opposing spectators at their football games. I have run into recruits that chose not to go their to play football because of the large number of "thugs" as they have been repeatedly referred to. Heck, in the past their supporters have posted about them on this board. Read the police reports sometime.
          I looked it up, and the last time we played you was in 2009. That's a long time ago, and way before I was there lol. Sure, the stands aren't the greatest, but when I was there, we averaged just over 4000 people at every home game. It was a good atmosphere, and we weren't even that great of a football team. We have the best weight room in the GAC unless someone has built something nicer since I graduated, and a nice training area and locker room. Glad I wasn't playing D2 ball back in 2009 if that's what was going on lol. I can see why you would think SWOSU is podunk from that experience lol.

Comment

I looked it up, and the last time we played you was in 2009. That's a long time ago, and way before I was there lol. Sure, the stands aren't the greatest, but when I was there, we averaged just over 4000 people at every home game. It was a good atmosphere, and we weren't even that great of a football team. We have the best weight room in the GAC unless someone has built something nicer since I graduated, and a nice training area and locker room. Glad I wasn't playing D2 ball back in 2009 if that's what was going on lol. I can see why you would think SWOSU is podunk from that experience lol.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcrYWGI58Kg

I looked at SWOSU football weight room. Looks really nice. But I certainly don't feel it's any better than this.

Here is link for all facilities: https://hardingsports.com/sports/201...acilities.aspx

Comment

SE got this in 2020 I believe.

https://youtu.be/LPAZ2dynMis

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcrYWGI58Kg

I looked at SWOSU football weight room. Looks really nice. But I certainly don't feel it's any better than this.

Here is link for all facilities: https://hardingsports.com/sports/201...acilities.aspx
                Is that weight room in the new field house you guys built? It definitely looks like a great weight room, and I hadn't seen it yet. Harding is definitely top dog in the GAC in football facilities, and I'm glad that they decided to sink even more money into it. Y'all deserve it.

Comment

I used to own a gym. I powerlifted. It wasn't a chrome gym like the ones you see. You know the kind. You can't sweat, can't make noises, can't have your lifting equipment out. Mine was more eye of the tiger. Texas Power Bars, MAC benches, York plates. Chalk. Lots of chalk. Knee wraps. Belts. Smelling salts. You could hear the plates bang all over town. I was the strongest 148 pounder in the area. Maybe that was because I was the only 148 pounder. The fact that I owned a gym with hardcore equipment in it didn't mean anything. I probably bombed out of more meets than the state has powerlifters in total. A weight room means nothing. It certainly hasn't translated into success on the football field for SWOSU. You have won 25.45% of your games over the last five years.

I want this sleeping giant to wake up. Good luck. The bar's loaded!

Comment

Is that weight room in the new field house you guys built? It definitely looks like a great weight room, and I hadn't seen it yet. Harding is definitely top dog in the GAC in football facilities, and I'm glad that they decided to sink even more money into it. Y'all deserve it.
                    No. It was built in 2012ish. With new locker room/training room etc. Same building visiting teams dress in. When Swosu walks out of the doors towards field at HU, to your right is the new addition that they built in '12.

Comment

I will bite. Out of all the Oklahoma D2 schools, SWOSU is the one who "belongs" the most in D2 in my opinion. OK Baptist might end up being top dog if they continue to pump money into their program. The main enemy of OPSU and NWOSU is the location. Alva sucks. NWOSU should have moved to Woodward a long time ago. I was recruited by Coach Walters when he first came into NWOSU, and the main reason I didn't go to NWOSU was because I wasn't gonna go to school in Alva. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done that lol. SWOSU facilities are the best out of the GAC OK schools that I've seen, and are in the top half of the Arkie schools. I think it's just going to take more time for the OK schools to really get adjusted to D2. SWOSU, NWOSU, and ECU all won the natty in the 90s, so it's not like there isn't some good history there, they've just been behind the 8 ball in funding. I think that is slowly changing for the better, and the Okie schools should start being much more competitive soon. I don't have high hopes for SNU or NWOSU though unfortunately.
                      I'll bite on your comment about SNU. SNU has talent, just bad athletic leadership. SNU, by far, is a basketball school. SNU is in a good location due to it being within the metroplex. But the coaches really don't put an effort into recruiting locally, they are more concerned with pulling kids from small schools and Texas kids. They've never had an aggressive recruiting strategy to go out and get high level kids from bigger schools. I think once they locked that in, then you'll see a change.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyNazarene View Post

I'll bite on your comment about SNU. SNU has talent, just bad athletic leadership. SNU, by far, is a basketball school. SNU is in a good location due to it being within the metroplex. But the coaches really don't put an effort into recruiting locally, they are more concerned with pulling kids from small schools and Texas kids. They've never had an aggressive recruiting strategy to go out and get high level kids from bigger schools. I think once they locked that in, then you'll see a change.
                        I grew up pretty close to SNU, and I agree with you about location. It's a great area. The school is just way too small for the football program to realize any success in the short term. Recruiting is a huge part of it like you said. When you don't have funding, it's hard to recruit. I've never understood why SNU recruits out of state so much, when their best chance of success is trying to get local talent. Its just always going to be a super hard sell to get these high school kids to choose SNU over the other GAC schools that have offered them. Do I think SNU has the potential to be good? Yes, but it's going to be a long time before that happens. They will need an AD with a vision for success in football to make the necessary changes happen.

Comment

I grew up pretty close to SNU, and I agree with you about location. It's a great area. The school is just way too small for the football program to realize any success in the short term. Recruiting is a huge part of it like you said. When you don't have funding, it's hard to recruit. I've never understood why SNU recruits out of state so much, when their best chance of success is trying to get local talent. Its just always going to be a super hard sell to get these high school kids to choose SNU over the other GAC schools that have offered them. Do I think SNU has the potential to be good? Yes, but it's going to be a long time before that happens. They will need an AD with a vision for success in football to make the necessary changes happen.
                          It'll take a coach willing to build a program and retain those players. SNU's campus life doesn't help with players unfamiliar with Nazarenes. TBH the only people in the way of SNU becoming a competitive program is themselves. Not allowing athletes to stack scholarships kills because players can't use OK Promise grants.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyNazarene View Post

It'll take a coach willing to build a program and retain those players. SNU's campus life doesn't help with players unfamiliar with Nazarenes. TBH the only people in the way of SNU becoming a competitive program is themselves. Not allowing athletes to stack scholarships kills because players can't use OK Promise grants.

Comment

Absolutely, but at that point you have to ask the question....is having a sport as expensive as football financially worth it if you're aren't competitive?

Comment

Ouachita QB Riley Harms is the real deal. Transferred from UNK where he was beat out by probably the best d2 QB in the nation in TJ Davis. He has a cannon and is very accurate, I draw a comparison to Josh Allen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X