Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HolyNazarene View Post

Absolutely, but at that point you have to ask the question....is having a sport as expensive as football financially worth it if you're aren't competitive?

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
      Ouachita QB Riley Harms is the real deal. Transferred from UNK where he was beat out by probably the best d2 QB in the nation in TJ Davis. He has a cannon and is very accurate, I draw a comparison to Josh Allen.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Talking about QB's, I am VERY impressed with SWOSU's transfer QB from South Alabama, Tylan Morton. Kid is a fantastic athlete, and has a rifle for an arm. If his decision making can improve a bit within the offense, and he can stay healthy, he has a very good chance of being in the running for the GAC offensive player of the year. He is that talented. Obviously a lot has to go right for SWOSU's offense to be successful this year, but he is the first real playmaker the SWOSU offense has had at QB in a very long time. At the very least, he will make the SWOSU games a lot more entertaining to watch lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                Talking about QB's, I am VERY impressed with SWOSU's transfer QB from South Alabama, Tylan Morton. Kid is a fantastic athlete, and has a rifle for an arm. If his decision making can improve a bit within the offense, and he can stay healthy, he has a very good chance of being in the running for the GAC offensive player of the year. He is that talented. Obviously a lot has to go right for SWOSU's offense to be successful this year, but he is the first real playmaker the SWOSU offense has had at QB in a very long time. At the very least, he will make the SWOSU games a lot more entertaining to watch lol.
                Does he have viable options to throw the ball too?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

Does he have viable options to throw the ball too?
                      That's the real question. He has one receiver that is going to be very good. I can't remember his name right now, and can't find it because he transferred in this spring as well, and they don't have a roster listed yet. From what I saw in the spring, they had a really good connection, and he was targeted wayyyyy more than anyone else. Someone else will have to step up though, because a QB and one good WR will not be enough. I usually go to the last fall camp scrimmage, so I hope to see another WR or RB who can play. I am worried about the OLine and DLine though.

Comment

SNU is the 6th most expensive school in OK. Why would kids pay their way in a private...if they can have the majority of it paid through grants and OK Promise like public colleges do. Enrollment in the school is low and its obvious that the school does use its athletic programs as a way to diversify its campus.

But when retention is low and the wins aren't coming, the question is asked again. Maybe cutting football will allow them to bring back some of the programs they cut like tennis....

Comment

Originally posted by HolyNazarene View Post

SNU is the 6th most expensive school in OK. Why would kids pay their way in a private...if they can have the majority of it paid through grants and OK Promise like public colleges do. Enrollment in the school is low and its obvious that the school does use its athletic programs as a way to diversify its campus.

But when retention is low and the wins aren't coming, the question is asked again. Maybe cutting football will allow them to bring back some of the programs they cut like tennis....
                          Yeah, it's a tough one. I hate to see football get cut from any athletic program, because I know how big of a deal football can be for a school. However, If your football program is handcuffed to a rock and thrown into the ocean with no help from the powers that be, there is little chance for football to do anything for your school. Small enrollment schools can be very successful in football, they just need a lot of help. Ouachita Baptist is roughly the same size as SNU for example.

Comment

Comment

Based on this ranking, I will put $100 on it that ONCEATIGER26 is actually a Bison from Oklahoma. Oklahoma Baptist at #2, and ECU at #10. Seems like a Oklahoma Baptist fan. Stay off the day drinking

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X