Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU New Head Coach??

What the heck? I know McCullogh has been with the Tigers for awhile but is this the best move? He's young, but ever since he's been the QB coach, the QB play has been one spot on the field that has not improved since Johnson was hired. The defense is where the improvements have been made, maybe Liternta the DC should be the guy. Offensively they lost, Ontario Douglas, run game took a huge hit last year after his injury, and Hrncir has taken beatings now you're losing a great OL coach in Al Johnson.. I think maybe the interim status is to give school time to find someone? Thoughts anyone. Could be a disastrous gamble for the Tigers who seem to have some momentum?

Originally posted by bisonfan26 View Post
    What the heck? I know McCullogh has been with the Tigers for awhile but is this the best move? He's young, but ever since he's been the QB coach, the QB play has been one spot on the field that has not improved since Johnson was hired. The defense is where the improvements have been made, maybe Liternta the DC should be the guy. Offensively they lost, Ontario Douglas, run game took a huge hit last year after his injury, and Hrncir has taken beatings now you're losing a great OL coach in Al Johnson.. I think maybe the interim status is to give school time to find someone? Thoughts anyone. Could be a disastrous gamble for the Tigers who seem to have some momentum?

Comment

Here is a link to the information breaking, apparently. Nothing on the East Central website.

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/sta...yGPSB_cKH8Z90g

Since Johnson played at Wisconsin this probably shouldn't be a total shock (his departure)....but the timing isn't great..and a brand new head coach would kinda mean a reboot to the program just as Spring ball will begin. McCollogh (current OC) seems to be looked at in a favorable light..so for a program that's been 1-10, 2-9, 3-8, 3-8....before going 7-4 in 2021....it seems to make sense at face value. Offense was at 26 ppg and the D at 27 ppg.

Comment

Comment

https://www.ecok.edu/news/al-johnson...-ecu-positions

Comment

OldBison

Comment

Johnson was also the interim AD. Has ECU named a new AD who can maybe start early or will they need another interim. ATU has had an interim AD for 2.5 years.

Comment

Tough timing for a program that was on the upswing. Any idea what opportunity Coach Johnson is moving on to? OnceATiger, where are you? When you come out of your deep depression talk to us.

Comment

This news shocked me and surely the ECU community. Coach Johnson was such a great coach and turned a team that was an embarrassment of a program and made them well respected with some big time wins and a 7-4 record. We will all miss him and wish him nothing but the best at Wisconsin. As for the future, looking at the team and coaching staff, the key is keeping the players from hitting the portal. Mccullough and Litrenta have both been on the staff since Johnson got there. As long as they keep the program running the same way, they will be ok. We have no reason to doubt them, so I will give Mccullough a chance.

Comment

Comment

Wow, this is very surprising. Coach Johnson had a really good thing going for ECU. I don't blame him for taking a job at Wisconsin though. He'll definitely get paid a lot more up there. This really sucks for ECU though.

Comment

I'd agree that the defense is much improved. But if you remember, the ECU offense was at the bottom of the conference in almost every category in 2018. So i'd say the offense has made the same improvements. Mccollough has been the Assistant HC since the Tarleton win so he would naturally be in line for the promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post

I'd agree that the defense is much improved. But if you remember, the ECU offense was at the bottom of the conference in almost every category in 2018. So i'd say the offense has made the same improvements. Mccollough has been the Assistant HC since the Tarleton win so he would naturally be in line for the promotion.
                          Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X