Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facility Improvements

Anyone got any cool news about Facility improvements on their campus or plans?

HU announced this spring that they are replacing their turf and moving the field closer to home bleachers as they are removing part of the track this summer. Should bring a much better fan experience to have everyone view closer to the field. Don't worry the track team is getting their own new facility with brand new turf and field equipement.
    HU also announced plans for 2023 to have all new concessions/bathrooms and other experience at the stadium. Progress in football paying off in big investments.

HSU I also saw replacing their turf. Always felt it was the slickest in the conference so excited for a new place to play.

Let me know if y'all have heard of other cool new improvements.

Will the visitor bleachers be moved in and centered? The long jump track pushes them over from the middle of the endzone to the opposite 25 yard line. It was weird sitting at the 50 and look to one side to see the seating ended at the next section.

Comment

Gannon University in the PSAC $10M upgrade to Highmark Events center for MBB,WBB, WVB, Co-ed Competitive Cheer and M &W Wrestling.

Football, McConnel Family stadium gets a new scoreboard, new turf and press box improvements. Will get it closer to most high school
      stadiums in the area..

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
        Will the visitor bleachers be moved in and centered? The long jump track pushes them over from the middle of the endzone to the opposite 25 yard line. It was weird sitting at the 50 and look to one side to see the seating ended at the next section.
        Here's a quote from press release
        In spring 2022, a new track will be constructed near the intramural fields on Beebe Capps Expressway. Following the spring track season, the existing track will be removed, and renovations to the football field will begin. These renovations include replacing the eight-year-old turf as well as moving the field closer to the home stands to provide an enhanced experience for Bison fans. The visitor stands also will be moved closer to the field. The next phase of this project includes building a new concession stand with restrooms and is anticipated to begin in spring 2023.

I sure hope they will center everything as always thought the off centered runed the asthetic of the stadium. I'm sure looking forward to the changes but honestly know to move them up that much will be mega millions of dollars. Eager to find out as well!

Comment

SWOSU will be putting new turf in, as well as making some cosmetic improvements to the stadium for the upcoming season. I wish I had some of the photos I was shown, but it will make the stadium look a lot better from a fan perspective. I know there are plans in the works for updating the press box, but that is probably a few years away. I also know that they are wanting to update the coaching offices and put in a nice team meeting room. There have been a couple of big donations to SWOSU football recently, and I know the number one priority for SWOSU football right now is maxing out the 36 scholarships that is allowed in D2, and heavily increasing the recruiting budget. I like the direction they are taking.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonDOc View Post

Here's a quote from press release
            In spring 2022, a new track will be constructed near the intramural fields on Beebe Capps Expressway. Following the spring track season, the existing track will be removed, and renovations to the football field will begin. These renovations include replacing the eight-year-old turf as well as moving the field closer to the home stands to provide an enhanced experience for Bison fans. The visitor stands also will be moved closer to the field. The next phase of this project includes building a new concession stand with restrooms and is anticipated to begin in spring 2023.

I sure hope they will center everything as always thought the off centered runed the asthetic of the stadium. I'm sure looking forward to the changes but honestly know to move them up that much will be mega millions of dollars. Eager to find out as well!
            Thanks. I've never been bothered by the track at any stadium. We had it at ATU, in high school and junior high. Being off centered puts you in company with Incarnate Word's stadium but somehow yours looks better.

Comment

Comment

HSU I also saw replacing their turf. Always felt it was the slickest in the conference so excited for a new place to play.
                Yes it was... Although it got significantly less slick as time went on.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                  SWOSU will be putting new turf in, as well as making some cosmetic improvements to the stadium for the upcoming season. I wish I had some of the photos I was shown, but it will make the stadium look a lot better from a fan perspective. I know there are plans in the works for updating the press box, but that is probably a few years away. I also know that they are wanting to update the coaching offices and put in a nice team meeting room. There have been a couple of big donations to SWOSU football recently, and I know the number one priority for SWOSU football right now is maxing out the 36 scholarships that is allowed in D2, and heavily increasing the recruiting budget. I like the direction they are taking.
                  SWOSU has the OKC style of stadiums. Always hated playing in OKC in highschool and then when I went back in college I had to relive it.

Comment

Anyone got any cool news about Facility improvements on their campus or plans?

HU announced this spring that they are replacing their turf and moving the field closer to home bleachers as they are removing part of the track this summer. Should bring a much better fan experience to have everyone view closer to the field. Don't worry the track team is getting their own new facility with brand new turf and field equipement.
                    HU also announced plans for 2023 to have all new concessions/bathrooms and other experience at the stadium. Progress in football paying off in big investments.

Let me know if y'all have heard of other cool new improvements.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X